Ask
    holguinmel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2008, 04:02 PM
    S it against the law to be double covered for medical insurance
    Is it against the law to be double covered for medical insurance
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2008, 04:43 PM

No... some people choose to have double coverage. Your primary will be billed first and then what doesn't get covered by them will be sent onto the secondary insurance... anything left, you are responsible for. Obviously the down fall is that you are paying two premiums.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 25, 2008, 04:48 PM

My husband has one through his workplace, and I am covered by it. When I had coverage through my workplace, it was secondary to my husband's coverage of me. Between the two, most of the medical bills were covered 100%.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Double medical insurance coverage [ 7 Answers ]

Is it illegal to have double coverage medical insurance. For example; can one person have two Kaiser plans so they don't have to pay any copays?

Double Insurance [ 2 Answers ]

Hi.mi wife and I have double insurance, we would like to cancel one of them. Her insurance end in December and mine in April.there is something we can do?

Double yet Separate Medical Insurance Coverages [ 1 Answers ]

I have double medical insurance coverage. Primary for me is an HMO and secondary a PPO. My wife has just the opposite, PPO primary and HMO secondary. Can anyone provide me with the specifics on how I go about billing, paying, etc with this coverage. I get so many conflicting answers not sure I...

Medical insurance [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My name is Doren , I'm student, I want to join low amount of medical insurance but I don't know how to apply, give me some informetion,

Medical insurance [ 2 Answers ]

Helo I am working in a private company. Living with 55 years old mother, wife and a kid. I heard something about medical insurance. Please tell me more about it and how this will helpful in my life. Please refer some reliable insurance company nearest to my location. I am living in bangalore,...

View more questions Search