Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smith83 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Aug 19, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Will suboxone show up in Ca probation drug test?
    Hey, I'm fresh at the beginning of being on probation (PC 1000 program to be exact) and have to get tested drug tested twice a week. I was using oxy contin but now need to take suboxone in order to get completely off the oxy. My question is, if suboxone would show up on THEIR tests. Does anyone know if they use the standard testing or a more extended one? I've researched a lot so far and read it doesn't show on a standard, but just want to know for sure if anyone knows the exact test they use and if there's any way they could find suboxone in my urine on any of their tests? And if anything showed up, what would it show up as? Please help! I don't want to get in trouble but I don't want to withdrawal either! Thank you! - Fresno, California
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2008, 04:50 AM
    Suboxone is in the same drug family as oxy and will show up. What makes you think it won't? If you have a valid RX from a doctor, you need to discuss with your PO before you take the test as you will definitely come up dirty.

Aug 20, 2008, 07:06 AM
    Ive researched it for hours and many have been on it, been tested and continue to come up clean. It doesn't show as an opiate, if anything, some sort of metabolite.

Aug 20, 2008, 07:10 AM
    Oh you and I don't have an rx or else I wouldn't be worried.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2008, 07:27 AM
    And am I correct in assuming that you are on probation for drug-related charges? If you are, don't you think that the PO has seen just about every attempt to cheat the drug testing by now?

Aug 20, 2008, 09:03 AM
    I'm not trying to cheat it, I just need to know if I should let myself withdrawal and feel like for a while, or if its okay if I take a little bit of the sub still.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2008, 04:39 PM
    Buprenorphine (or colloquially, "Bupe") is a semi-synthetic opiate with partial agonist and antagonist actions

This is from Wikipedia. It is a semi-synthetic opiate. Opiate is another word for opium or heroin.

Like I said before it will show up.
    n0ven0ve Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Jul 6, 2010, 07:13 PM
    Comment on twinkiedooter's post
    Sorry but you are wrong.
    n0ven0ve Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Jul 6, 2010, 07:15 PM
    Comment on twinkiedooter's post
    If suboxone were to come up just like oxy ( yes their both synthetics) , HOW would a rehab facility or a prescribing doctor be able to tell if their patient had used? This is why I believe it does not show up. Therefore, when patients get their rando

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Probation violation for 1st failed drug test. [ 9 Answers ]

Hey wats up... I got caught on under 50 gram of marijauna and got all the charges moved to a conditional discharge... I went to my PO and after the drug test she told me "if you pass this... u will never see me again" just my luck I found out I failed my first drug test for probation... so I have...

Does suboxone show on a drug test done by probation? -Fresno, Ca [ 15 Answers ]

I got a DUI from drinking and driving. I went to court 5 days ago and was put on formal probation and I have a meeting with a probation officer in two days. I'm contimplating telling him about being on Suboxone. I have been on it for over a year, but was only legaly prescribed it for the first...

What are possible consequences for failing drug test on felony probation [ 2 Answers ]

What are possible consequences for failing drug test on felony probation

Will Bangkok pills show positive in a drug test? [ 4 Answers ]

Will bangkok pills show positive in a drug test? I have a friend who uses it. How long does she have to clear her system before the drug test, so it won't test positive for any of the bangkok pill components?

View more questions Search