Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AL-B Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 07:41 AM
    If I cash a check that has a stop payment on it what will happen?
    I put a stop payment on a Sprint rebate check only to find it 5 minutes later. It couldn't be removed. If I cash it at a party store what will happen? I know it will be about a day before the store deposits it. Then another few days before they find out the check has bounced. Will it just register as a bounced check to the store's bank? Or will it set off some alarms because of the stop payment that was put on it?

It's a $100 rebate check from Sprint.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2008, 07:44 AM
    You can call Sprint and ask about sending you a replacement check.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 12, 2008, 07:45 AM
    If it can be proven you were aeware of the stop you could be prosecuted for fraud.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2008, 09:56 AM
    The place that cashed it will not get their money and will demand you pay them back, and it can even be criminal if they prove you knew about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stop payment on a check [ 4 Answers ]

My question is if a person deposits a check and it has not cleared and a stop is put on it the same day its deposited will it work? :confused:

I was a Nanny for a Family and they stopped payment on check! [ 1 Answers ]

I need some advice here! I have been a nanny to a family of 2 boys for the Past 2 months. July 26th was my last day as I told her that I couldn't sit for Them anymore. She paid me each week on Thursday. So she gave me my check for $264. I always go straight to the bank to cash it, which I...

Payment in cash [ 1 Answers ]

Can a lanlord insist on payments being made in cash or money order as opposed to personal check?

Cash Payment Journal [ 1 Answers ]

On December 17 On your Mark paid $1,500 to Keystone Insurance company for the premium of on a six month insurance policy, Check 1001. I got the Account name which is Keystone Insurance Company but then I don't know what the $1500 goes in there is General Debit / Credit, Accounts Payable Debit,...

View more questions Search