Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hassantariq Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 02:40 AM
    Treatment of accumulated depreciation
    Where do we show the accumulated depreciation in the trial balance? I mean under which head we'll show it in trail balance?
    949 Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Aug 4, 2008, 07:06 PM
    If I understand you correctly. Here is the answer.

The trial balance doesn't contain special separate headings for each of the accounts. They will just be listed in order.

Basically, the chart of accounts determines the order for listing accounts in the general leder and trial balance. The order may also be used when preparing financial statements. So what ever the chart of accounts order is then just copy it exactly that way.
    kencap Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 07:10 PM
    The trial balance doesn't have categories, but if you are tyring to enter this into a chart of accounts and they are asking for a category... it would be under Accumulated Depreciation or if that is not an option, then use Fixed Assets
    john6 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 11:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hassantariq
    Where do we show the accumulated depreciation in the trial balance? I mean under which head we'll show it in trail balance?
    Accumulated depreciation is not shown in the trail balance it is shown in balance sheet

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accumulated depreciation [ 1 Answers ]

Adjusting entries for Dec. 2007 The buildings have a $10,000 residual value and a 40-year useful life. The straigh-line depreciation method is used. The building was purchased on July 6, 2006. Please, does anyone know how to work this problem?

Accumulated depreciation [ 1 Answers ]

Not sure if there is a trick or not? The question is to adjust the entries at the end month The info given is that :Office equipment is fully depreciated over a period of 5 years. (straight line depreciation) Cx bought only a typewriter for $ 421 for the month of July

Accumulated Depreciation [ 2 Answers ]

When journalizing after a company just purchases a piece of machinery, do you use accumulated depreciation or something else?:confused:

Depreciation & Accumulated Depr [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, To my understanding, depreciation expense is always DR, and accumulated depreciation is CR, right? However, I am quite confused on whether does an accumulated depreciation becomes DR? Or when it will become DR instead of CR? For example, An equipment of expected useful life 5 yrs...

At end of year what do I do with accumulated depreciation? [ 1 Answers ]

At the end of the year what do I do with the Accumulated Depreciation Account?

View more questions Search