Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CSDMTTT7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2008, 07:43 PM
    Does California landlord have to give 3-day notice to tenant who broke lease
    I leased my home to three roommates (1 yr. lease). Two pay their rent on time. One moved in a month before the others, and I was being nice when I didn't charge him for the extra month. He moved out after 7 months without giving notice. He left all his furniture and clothing at the house in his room. The other tenants don't know where he lives, but said he drops by once in awhile to get his mail from the mailbox, which has a lock box. He has to use his mailbox key to get the mail. It's difficult to show the room to potential renters because all his stuff is in the room. He won't return my phonecalls, and hasn't paid his share of the rent in more than two months. Can I store his belongings and send him a bill for the cost of storage, the movers fees, and the moving truck? Do I have to serve him with a 3-day notice at my home since I don't have another address for him??
    Help!! The lease agreement clearly states his responsibility if the lease is broken.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2008, 11:10 AM
    See this neat flow chart: ExpressEvictions.com California Eviction Flowchart
    Procedural rules, like the 3 day notice, are like hoops that you must be able to demonstrate to the court that you have jumped through, so send the letter registered mail, and when it is returned to you, make it a part of your file.
    lisas2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2010, 05:14 AM
    Yes, this is one of the options. You can get one from:

http://www.landlordevictionnotice.com/california-eviction-notice.htm

Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a Landlord give me a 3-Day notice plus a 30 Day notice to quit all at once? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I need to please know what is the legal procedure to an eviction notice? My fiancé and I and my 3 children use to live in Buena Park in Orange County and we still currently work in Orange County and comute Mon-Fri about 1hr and 15mins each way. When we heard from a far away causing...

California Condo 30 Day Notice From Landlord [ 1 Answers ]

We are planning to sell our condo asap. We have given our month-to-month tenant of 2 years, her 30-day notice. She says that a new law passed stating that if the landlord is planning to sell and the tenant has been renting for over 2 years, then a 60-day notice is required. I can not find this...

Tenant give landlord 30-day notice, then doesn't move.Now what? [ 2 Answers ]

Tenant in California, gives landlord a 30-day notice to move. Now 30-days is up, tenant is current on rent, but is not moving. Can the landlord file an unlawful detainer using the TENANT's 30-day notice and it will hold up? Or does landlord have to serve their own 30-day (or 3-day notice if...

California Landlord, Tenant Fire [ 3 Answers ]

1- I rented to my friend and her boyfriend. I knew it was probably a mistake but I was trying to help them out. They had bad credit and no deposit. 2- Current record, rent has been consistently late, but right now current and less than half the deposit. 3- Fire broke out on porch while they...

View more questions Search