Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    am0re Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 06:04 AM
    Semi clogged toilet?
    Hey guys, this is my first post and hope some of you guys can help. Well I recently moved into a new apartment and the toilet seemed to have a weak flush from the start. Well turns out after the first time I used it it clogged. I managed to use a plunger to unclog it and it flushes fine but weak when I go number one but any solids seem to back it up. I've tried cleaning out the holes under the rim and the syphon hole and even snaked it myself but nothing seems to make it stronger. Are there any chemicals I can pour to unclog anything that may be still clogging the pipes where the snake can't reach? Any suggestions are great. Thanks in advance.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 25, 2008, 06:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by am0re
    Hey guys, this is my first post and hope some of you guys can help. Well i recently moved into a new apartment and the toilet seemed to have a weak flush from the start. Well turns out after the first time i used it it clogged. I managed to use a plunger to unclog it and it flushes fine but weak when i go number one but any solids seem to back it up. ive tried cleaning out the holes under the rim and the syphon hole and even snaked it myself but nothing seems to make it stronger. are there any chemicals i can pour to unclog anything that may be still clogging the pipes where the snake can't reach? any suggestions are great. thanks in advance.
    Have you augered the bowl? (see image)If not, purchase a closet auger from your local hardware store and see if thjat doesn't clear up the problem. Good luck, Tom
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 06:19 AM
    Partial blockage in pipe. Call maintenance office.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 06:41 AM
    Guessing from your problem description, I think you have foreign object lodged within the bowl itself. (like hair spray cap, comb, shampoo cap etc.) Sometimes even auger won't help and toilet has to be removed in order to reach the obstruction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clogged Toilet [ 4 Answers ]

I am having the hardest time with this, so if someone could help ASAP! I noticed the toilet was clogged so I tried to un-clog it with a plunger. It seemed to work, but now the water fills up extremely high and drains extremely slow. I don't know if it's because the clog is deeper in the toilet...

Clogged Toilet [ 3 Answers ]

I have a clogged toilet, I have plunged repeatedly w/o any luck. The water will sit in the bowl and slowly drain after many hours, what is the next step to take when plunging doesn't have any affect? Thanks in advance.

Clogged toilet [ 3 Answers ]

I am on the verge also of trying to take atoilet apart. My son flushed my plastic contaner of deodorant down the toilet. When I flush the toilet it still gurgles and filles up a lot so I know the item is still stuck. I was told it is probably too big for me to use an auger. SO my best bet would be...

Clogged Toilet [ 1 Answers ]

My husband tried to plunge a backed up toilet last night and was unsuccessful. Lovely me, I get the challenge to plunge it today. :mad: I've tried for an hour to aggressively plunge it, but to no avail. Upon plunging, the water does not go down. When I flush it, the water acts as though it's...

View more questions Search