Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anktjndal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 07:16 AM
    Sleeping pills
    Tell me the name of sleeping pills which can be used by a normal person for 4 to 5 hour sleep at any time?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2008, 08:20 AM
    Melatonin valerian also works well.
    JoeRez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 09:09 AM
    You should really shoot for 4.5 hours. The natural human sleep cycle is 90 minuets long so it's best to sleep in increments of 1.5 hours (1.5,3,4.5,6... ) As far as a pill goes I would avoid prescription sleeping pills. They come with tons of side effects and risks and they tend to last 7 hours minimum. Over the counter sleeping pills use the same active ingredient as Benadril. Something that works great for me is Resadoze. And because you don't have to wait for it to "wear off" you can wake up whenever you need to. There are also a lot of sleep tips from The National Sleep Foundation. I hope that helps. Good luck and good dreams.
    Dr Dermie Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Jun 21, 2008, 07:42 AM
    Agreed with the previous post that mentioned Melatonin and Valerian and the sleep cycle summary above. You could try a weak antihistamine - these are often found in brands like Benadryl - or those Polaramine tablets - tiny red ones that are available OTC. Sleeping pills are fine, you know. The problem is that too many people on sleeping pills take them with booze. And other things. Please don't do that. If a side effect is experienced, it's the fault of the sleeping pill! Not. Read the directions that come with the pills if you do get sleeping pills, though. Generally, they get a bad reputation which is undeserved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name of sleeping pills [ 11 Answers ]

HIIIIIIIII Can someone give me a name of sleeping pills which can be easily found in the market? Give me

Addicted to sleeping pills [ 9 Answers ]

Almost 5 years ago, a doctor perscribed stilnox for me to help with sleeping since I had depression and couldn't sleep. Gradually, I started taking more and more of the pills to fall asleep.. and afterwards, I started taking them during the day because I believed they made me feel better, or at...

Sleeping Pills. [ 3 Answers ]

What're the least drowsy sleeping pills available?

Restless sleeping/breaking the habit of sleeping on the bed [ 2 Answers ]

Our little shih tzu (8 months old) started well, but more recently has taken to sleeping under or on our bed. We took the path of least resistance and let him get away with it, but his constant licking, nibbling, flicking his ears around and general sleep noise is driving us nuts. Any tips for...

Adricted to diet pills and over the counter pills [ 5 Answers ]

:o I have for the past 4 years been adicted to dietr pills and over the counter pills I even take more then I need toi have tried to stop before but just couldn't stop. I want to stop and I want to get better but I don't know how I can stop with out help but I don't want to sign myself into a...

View more questions Search