Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vicki5858 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 06:51 AM
    Craftsman Riding Mower engine surges
    Craftsman riding mower is around 7 years old. Engine, not mower, surges in idle and while mowing; replaced plug, gas line, gas filter, filled w/new gas, & air filter. What else can I do?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2008, 07:18 AM
    Two things come to mind:

1. clean governor to carb linkage and throttle plate on carb.
    2. Carb problems - disassemble and clean
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2008, 04:04 PM
    Yes the governor is the most likely culprit
    chadchiro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2010, 12:52 PM
    I had the exact thing happen to my 7 yr. old 42" craftsman. Mechanic took carb apart and said the "needle" was sitting in hole properly. Took him 5 min. to take it apart, re seat pin, and put back together

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Riding mower [ 4 Answers ]

I Have A Craftsman Riding Mower With A 15.5 Hp Briggs And Stratton And I Was Cutting The Lawn And It Was Running Great. It Started Acting Up... running Rough, So I Shut It Off And Checked All The Fluids And The Were Fine. I Replaced The Plug And There Was Still No Change. When The Air...

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Sears Craftsman 4000 Riding Mower [ 9 Answers ]

I need a diagram on how to replace a belt on the Sears Craftsman II 4000 riding mower

My Craftsman riding mower jerks/surges while in motion [ 4 Answers ]

My 3 year old Craftsman GT5000 lawn mower jerks and/or surges while in motion. Is this a problem with the drive-belt? If so, would I be able to make adjustments to tighten it or will I need to purchase a new belt? Or, is it something completely different? Thanks.

Lawn mower engine with automatic throttle surges and runs slow [ 2 Answers ]

What causes a Briggs and Stratton engine with an automatic throtte control to run too slow and surge?

Craftsman rear engine riding mower drive belt pulley alignment [ 1 Answers ]

The drive belt that propels the machine keeps coming off the idler pulley. It appears that the idler pulley is positioned we below the other two pulleys. Is there a way to move the idler pulley up so it aligns with the others.

View more questions Search