Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Silverpetals Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 02:39 PM
    How can I get rid of the red in my eyes?
    My right eye is very red, and usually gets like this after I wear my contacts for a long time. Is there a way I can get rid of this quickly?
    Also what eye drops would you recommend?
    Are there also natural ways of getting rid of it?

Thank you!
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2008, 03:17 PM
    I had some eye problems, irritation and redness, some years ago.

My doctor recommended a brand, I believe it was called Preferin Liquifilm?

I don't even know if they still make them, but they worked very well, where all the
    Usual stuff like Visene or Murine did little to nothing.

I've also heard an advertisement for an all natural brand, something like symillisan?
    Again, not sure of the spelling.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 24, 2008, 10:46 AM
    It's symilasan. And it's a great drop. You might have very dry eye. I would go to your eye doctor and see what the issue really is. Symilasan and Restasis are great drops for dry eye. For some, the doctor will recommend putting in punctal plugs which help increase tear flow.
    auwal87 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2008, 11:05 AM
    Get rid of Alcoholic Drinks
    Drink a lot of water (like 2 litres everyday)
    Gain a habit of eating fresh fruits (esp apples and oranges)
    Spend less time using computers or watching TV

I am sure this will help you...
    Vision Expert

May 24, 2008, 11:07 AM
    Also, do not use any product that says, "GET THE RED OUT". These products are designed for esthetics. It might make the red color go away but won't fix the reason why its happening.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 29, 2008, 05:36 PM
    My nurse mother told me that the Get the Red Out eyedrops actually make your eyes worse if you overuse the drops or use the drops too frequently.
    Vision Expert

May 29, 2008, 08:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter
    My nurse mother told me that the Get the Red Out eyedrops actually make your eyes worse if you overuse the drops or use the drops too frequently.
    That's true, they are not designed for dry eye AT ALL.
    Silverpetals Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2008, 11:59 PM
    Thank You So Much To Everyone!
    Vision Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 11:02 PM
    You are very very welcome!
    larmary Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2008, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverpetals
    My right eye is very red, and usually gets like this after I wear my contacts for a long time. Is there a way I can get rid of this quickly?
    Also what eye drops would you recommend?
    Are there also natural ways of getting rid of it?

Thank you!
    Do not use "gets the red out" drops. Use a natural tear. Make an effort to blink more it will help - get a contact that has more moisture. Wear glasses whenever possible to give your eyes a rest.
    bethieboosky83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2010, 02:47 PM
    I use a cold wet compress on my eye lid. It takes it away within twenty minutes. The drops only take it away from a small period and it can come back worse. Or you can use ice wrapped inside a clean wash cloth. I'm doing this actually right now. Lol.
    brianhdhgf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2012, 08:12 AM
    The best remedy I know for irritated dry red eyes is to take flax seed tablets daily this is like food for the eyes, also use a eye lubricate frequently (any one over the counter is good Systane or Refresh) before you go to bed this is like eye wash like when you wake up also, before you go outside in the sun for more than 30minutes its like sunscreen always use it plus always wear sunglasses.
    When using a computer or watching TV put eye lubricate every hour believe me this works but be a little patient your eyes look whiter and feel better in two days and by the third week it will be almost be like a miracle.
    Look I know from experience searching hard and long so I think I might help someone out there with this problem I live in the Caribbean for 21 years and sail the high seas for nearly 10 years sun, salt and sand plus I suffer from surf eyes and have ptyergium this firm lubrication routine help a dramatically.
    There is two other thing I will like to mention from my experience if you have allergy see your doctor a for antihistamines eye drop also I use Lotamax along with my lubricate sometime ask your doctor. Talk about doctor there is a guy in California that does a miracle procedure that works great I heard call eye bright spell ibrite but its very cost has much as 7K per eyes
    Last but not least point stop using eye constrictors like get the red out eyes drops those are the worst make your eyes looks terrible the next day throw those away and never put them in your eyes again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red Eyes [ 2 Answers ]

Help. I am a 50 year old Male is excellent physical condition. Each morning when I wake up the whites of my eyes are bright red. It looks like I have been on a 7 day drunk with no sleep. Problem is that it occurs every day and even if I can get it cleared up with redness reducer it is always back...

His eyes [ 1 Answers ]

Yes, I have a eight year old male shiatzu that has developed a little white spot on the center of his eye. It is very small right in the center of the eye

My eyes [ 4 Answers ]

I've always had these but now I'm slightly worried. On my left eye ( on the left side ) and on my right eye ( on the right side ) I have a sort of yellow spot on either eye. Its not very noticeable until you look closely in the mirror. If I'm not mistaken my dad had them too. Im a smoker...

The Sun in your Eyes? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I need once again another song discoveration :). Okay, if anyone has Sky Digital, there was a... advertisement.. of sorts.. of Late Night films, I think some of the song goes "The sun in your eyes". Hopefully this could help.

View more questions Search