Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjwhere Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2010, 01:56 PM
    Honda engine idle goes up & down whenwarm
    Honda engine idle goes up (2000 RPM) & down (1200 RPM) when warm (6 cyl 98 accord)
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2010, 03:21 PM

. Clean or replace the Idle Air Control Valve (IACV):

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1054149

. Clean the throttle plate and throttle body. Afterwards, clean the air box and replace the air filter.

. Replace the PCV Valve.

If the problem persists, focus on the Ignition Control Module--it may need replacing. These links will provide the necessary background, perspective, and how-to:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post260436

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896
    biff26 Posts: 28, Reputation: 4

Mar 7, 2010, 08:28 AM

Check fast idle valve sometimes they stick open

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 Honda Civic rough idle & stalling [ 42 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Honda Civic, with approx. 77k miles, that recently has started idling very low. It doesn't happen all of the time, but often, when I'm coming to a stop, the car shakes violently and I can see that the idle is very low. This has been occurring for the past 2 months. When it first...

93 Honda Del Sol Fluctuating Idle & Stalling [ 5 Answers ]

I have a '93 del Sol SI and for the past few years it's had a very rough idle, bouncing between around 1k rpm and 2.5k when the weather is normal to hot, and occasionally between 2k and 4k rpm when it's cold out or the engine is cold. Lately I've been having a serious stalling problem. Once my...

Honda civic 92 - engine dies when idle [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Honda civic, 92 model, with manual transmission. It's on carburetor, imported in Cyprus from Japan. The car is great but lately it started to behave really strange, when it comes to cold start. I will describe the symptoms, hope it will help you more than it helped my mechanic,...

2001 Honda Civic Slow to Idle down;Check engine light [ 7 Answers ]

My 2001 Civic HX presented a check engine light with OBD 2 Codes P1166 and P1167. Runs normal with the exception of not idling down after acceleration or reving the engine. RPM's come down to 1200-1500 (normal running temp) for up to a second before returning to normanl RPM, approximately 750. ...

Honda civic 01 engine check & srs light [ 0 Answers ]

My srs dummy light has been on 4 about 2 weeks now, and today check engine light is also on car seems sluggish and once it almost died. Please help also should I not drive it at all?? Thanks helpless in w. sac::confused: :( :eek:

View more questions Search