Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mattsgirl2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2007, 11:13 AM
    Wiring ignition on rider
    My ignition on my rider went out and I have another rider with a good ignition, can I change the bad ignition out with the one that works and if I can how would I do this if they have different colored wires? Thanks Kandice
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2007, 06:06 AM
    Sounds as though you evidentially have two separate manufactures. The only way you could change the switches is to either have all the same identification marks on each switch in the same location, or draw out both switch diagrams and then change the wires as needed in the female plug adapter. The identifications will be on the blade or beside the blade on the ignition switch. You must remember that you have changed the wires, and if you sell the unit, you must tell the purchaser that the ignition switch is not original equipment and some wires have been changed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1960 chevy c30 ignition wiring [ 1 Answers ]

Help please, I need to confirm the ignition wiring on a 1960 chevy c30 truck with a 235 inch six. Wiring between the switch, coil, solenoid and distributor. A diagram would help a lot. Thanks, Jim

MTD 11/36 series ignition wiring, where do wires go [ 1 Answers ]

5 wires on the back of my ignition switch 1. On one terminal there are 2 wires dark green wires 2. On another terminal there is 1 wire Black and it is hot all the time 3. Then on another terminal there is 2 yellow wires 4. Then another terminal has 1 orange wire hot when key in start...

Intermittent Pilot Ignition Control Wiring Help? [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older Carrier gas furnace. The Intermittent Pilot Ignition Control is short cycling. I ordered a replacement one. However, with everything else now days, the newer one does not match the older one. The older one (p/n 50D49-401) has three brown wires, one red wire, one white wire, one...

Ignition wiring diagram; Tractor [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Alice Chalmers Gas Model 170 tractor that the ignition switch went bad. It has 6 poles and I do not have a clue where the wire go to make it work. PLEASE HELP ! The battery is fully charged... there is a separate starter button and ignition light on the dash... and clutch has to be fully...

View more questions Search