Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    godsbabygirl267 Posts: 175, Reputation: 11

Feb 4, 2008, 04:31 PM
    So, the guy I asked to formal said.
    So, robert, the guy I asked to go to formal with me said "No" At first I was confused but then I remembered to play it cool. He said No that he wasn't even going to formal and now he felt like a jerk for saying no. I don't want things to be weird between the two of us so what should I do? I mean I don't hate him for saying no. I wish he had said yes of course but that's why its called asking not telling I suppose. So what do I do now? Should I just not go at all? Go with my friends? Or maybe I should ask someone else to go with me? What is your opinion:eek:
    wewed100606 Posts: 228, Reputation: 36

Feb 4, 2008, 04:36 PM
    If he said "no" strictly because he doesn't want to go at all, do whatever makes you happy. If there is another guy you think would be a fun date, ask him. If you think it would be more fun with the "girls" go with the girls. It is just a formal, it is meant to be fun. I know looking back on all that stuff in HS makes me realize that once the party starts all the drama leading up to it goes away. It doesn't sound like you are in a relationship with this guy, so do what makes you smile... maybe he will end up going too and you will hook-up when you get there.

Whatever you do... don't lose any sleep over it. Do what makes you happy!
    wewed100606 Posts: 228, Reputation: 36

Feb 4, 2008, 05:26 PM
    I am glad I helped... feel free to drop me a direct line anytime! I have lots of time on my hands and I love helping people! Especially grateful ones!
    R0cKin_t33N Posts: 78, Reputation: 0

Feb 5, 2008, 03:39 PM
    Wow... well he's really missing out... srry I really hope that you will make the best of going single... it would really help you a lot if you went to the Formal with your Friendz... at least you can depend on them... and know that just cause a boy said no doesn't really mean you should isolate yourself from enjoyable moments... Karama will come and bit him in the a*s... Trust Me and HAVE FUN
    mwilliams15 Posts: 172, Reputation: 24

Feb 5, 2008, 08:06 PM
    No worries. Don't let it bother you. At least he was honest in telling you no. How would you have felt if you two got to formal and he acted miserable the whole time because he just didn't want to be there? I don't think he doesn't like you, it just sounds like he's not the "formal" type of guy.
    Is there any other guy that you want to go with? Maybe ask a good guy friend?
    If I were you, I would go with a group of friends. There will be other people there that don't have dates, you'd be surprised! Just get all glammed up, and have fun. Who cares if you don't have a specific date? Go, dance with everyone, and have an absolute blast =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Semi-formal [ 1 Answers ]

Exactly what does semi-formal mean? I'm getting a dress tomorrow after school for a semi-formal dance I'm going to. Can you give me some examples? Also please help with what kinds of shoes to wear!

How to ask a guy to a formal [ 3 Answers ]

My formal is coming up and I'm a bit scared of asking this boy I like to my formal. I have heard from people that he likes me to. Should I wait for him to ask me Or Should I ask him before he is taken? (how would I mention it to him?)

Semi formal [ 2 Answers ]

I feel kind of stupid but I have to go to a work party with my boyfriend and have to wear something semi formal but I don't know what semi formal is. What is semiformal?:eek:

Need help.. formal party coming up! [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone I seriously need your help! I am filipino and have light skin. I have light skin on my chest,top of arms, thighs, back but have really really dark skin on my arms, neck and especially my underarms. I really need help because I'm going to be having a débutante ball and its been...

View more questions Search