Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JTD123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 11:48 AM
    My 22 year old daughter hates me
    I have a 22 year old daughter that hates me. She was asked to move out of our home after she was repeatedly disrespectful and rude. She is dating a guy who is no good for her. He is 19 and a high school drop out. She lies continually about her family. She sells the gifts that I have given her. It really hurts. What is a mom to do?
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2007, 12:00 PM
    At 22, you have to let her make her own mistakes. If she is disrespectful in the home - then you did the right thing by telling her it was time to move. As for her boyfriend, well, I think we have all dated someone who is wrong for us. She will figure that out on her own.
    And the gifts - I could see where that would be hurtful. From now on, you could just get her giftcards and let her do what she wants with them. I mean, if she is going to just get rid of something that you put a lot of thought into - then why bother, right?

Once she moves out, you can love and support her as best you can. She will see that having her own place and what it takes to make it run - isn't as easy as you make it look. One of these days you will get a phone call or letter telling you that she is sorry for the way she treated you.
    leilaa111 Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Jun 4, 2007, 06:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JTD123
    I have a 22 year old daughter that hates me. She was asked to move out of our home after she was repeatedly disrespectful and rude. She is dating a guy who is no good for her. He is 19 and a high school drop out. She lies continually about her family. She sells the gifts that I have given her. It really hurts. What is a mom to do?
    U have to be patient show her some support be beter than her she will wake up she is just hurt right now most teenagers have the same problem stop stressing and be their for her try 2 talk to her nicely see what's inside her maybe she just needs 2 feel your their for her and you love her
    E3317 Posts: 103, Reputation: -5

Jun 4, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Comment on NowWhat's post
    So sad, but so true
    E3317 Posts: 103, Reputation: -5

Jun 4, 2007, 07:10 PM
    You have to allow her to walk her own path, hopefully her path won't lead her past the point of no return ex: jail, disease, drug addiction, or worse. Just trust in what you have taught her and when she reaches a point where everything is clear what you have taught her will come into play. She won't listen to you at this point. In her eyes you don't understand her. Don't carry her anymore let her walk on her own. Put her out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Daughter hates me! [ 16 Answers ]

I have been living with my Mom since the birth of my daughter (who's now 20 months). Her Dad left for a job abroad when she was only 6 months old. She has become very attached to my Mom (her granny), and doesn't want to leave her even for a sec. Moreover we have a whole army of servants and...

My daughter hates me because I smoke [ 7 Answers ]

My nineteen year old daughter told me she "pretty much hates me" because I smoke. Also, I tried to commit suicide 4 years ago, and she told me she hasn't trusted me since then. How can I make things better between us?

3 yr. Old daughter hates Dad [ 6 Answers ]

My wife and I have been married for 3yrs. We have 4 children (3 from her previous marriage and one together). The youngest (my daughter) is 3. My wife and I have had a pretty tumultuous relationship... up and down. I was very strict and not very loving toward my daughter since we had her. And...

Frustrated and out of answers.. Our 16 year old hates us. [ 3 Answers ]

For over 14 years we have been trying our best to raise and help my husbands 16 year old he lives with his mom... He's now out of jail (Beat up child with a group of friends using a lead pipes) He won't attend school. He is in a home schooling program that he is doing well in. Let me back...

View more questions Search