Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 04:28 PM
    The race goes on and on and on...
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Jun 7, 2007, 08:50 AM
    What makes your intolerance to others any different than anyone else's? Aren't you saying that only you are justified in making such comments because you are black? That is the most hippocritical thing I have ever heard. Just the fact that neither has their father in their life should be some realization of the connection they have. They are both embarrassed of how others view them and that is why he hid from the people from church. Your opinion of this just puts flame to the fire. Once day you will see, ignorance is ignorance. I don't think the practices of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. said anything about only tolerating your own race.
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

Jun 7, 2007, 08:54 AM
    shatteredsoul you are so right there with what you say, that's like me saying I am white so all other races can go to hell.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 7, 2007, 06:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie_123
    I have a teenage daughter (who is black) that wants to date a teenage boy (who is Korean). I am having a great deal of trouble with this concept, I don't care about my daughter dating outside her race but, Koreans are such intolerant people I feel he will hurt her emotionally. They are both very good students and they both attend church. I would like to tell my child to look for another type of boy to date. The current problem is that they were out shopping at the local mall and he saw a member of his church and hide from the church member pretending he was not with my daughrter. My daughter has asked him for an explanation for his strange behavior and all he said is that he cannot talk about it. The emotions and self-esteem of a young black girl living in American is a very fragile thing and I cannot have this guy destroy it with his racial short slightness, ignorance, and confusion. How do I tell my daughter to leave him alone and all Koreans and find another boyfriend
    Well what if I was talking about my "white" daughter and she was dating a black young man, and I would say that she should not because of... ( pick out your favorite black sterotype)

People of any and all races have to be judged on who they are, your type of additudes on racism is exactly the same of some whites on blacks and some blacks on white, and on mexicians, on orientals and the such.

Now since he is "male" he could have another girl friend at that church, or he may be afraid of what his friends will say about dating a black girl, since all koreans know what type of people they are?? ( your same issue in reverse)

With that said, if he is ashamed to be seen with her by friends, that needs to be addressed, depending on how long they have dated, perhaps she should offer to go to church with him one Sunday ( or saturday) and see what he says.

Please address this as a man or boy who is perhaps a jerk, racism in any level has no place in our world. And with all the civil rights the black has fought for, hearing them treating another race the same thing makes me cry.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 7, 2007, 07:38 PM
    He may be getting the same attitude at his home as your daughter is in hers, sad. But honestly I think your fears are talking here more than your racism. I think if she were to bring home a black guy with droopy pants (thug)a toothpick and smelled of weed you'd go off with just as much zeal. I raised a daughter and 3 nieces, and I know that feeling as they grow to womanhood. The only thing I can tell you is they will make decisions you don't like, but from the credentials you presented about your daughter, she ain't slow at all and you've done a good job, so give her some slack mom.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 09:24 PM
    Wow, as a white man who lives in the South, I never thought my first Klan meeting would be led by a black woman who hates Koreans.
    TWM420 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jun 16, 2007, 12:04 AM
    Just sit down and tell her that she can find someone better that won't be afraid to be seen with her.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 16, 2007, 07:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TWM420
    just sit down and tell her that she can find someone better that wont be afraid to be seen with her.
    We have all, I think, been dealing with the racism slant of this thread, but have we forgotten the boy's actions in the mall?? Not to excuse mom's lumping all of one race into the same pot, his explanation for his actions are grounds to have a word with her daughter about being respected, and on that I can see her anger.
    Topmodel Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2007, 04:16 AM
    Im sorry to sound harse but you sound really ignorant. Why would you sit there and say something about a korean male being harmful to your daughter and being ashamed of her by hiding. Basically you saying he is racist. Right? The only reason why I signed up on this site is to tell you that deep down inside you, you are a racist. There is a lot of black men who are worse. I am a black woman and I even got offended by what you said about this korean male. You are racist and don't even realize it. You call him ashamed, we as black women should be ashamed of these black men who walking around with their pants sagging half way off their asses.

You cannot lump all of any race in one category just because of mistakes or ways they grew up. It's always the parents fault for teaching their children wrong things and teaching their children to be racist. Not all koreans are bad just like not all black, white, or yellow men. There are some good ones. Apparently your man or husband or whomever he is to you was good enough to have sex with and you didn't have an abortion.

This is so sad that you have a teenager and talk like some kid. I am 23 yrs old and know better than that. My parents taught us to basically steal and hate white people because of slavery but all of my brothers and sisters and I even at very young ages knew they were full of CRAP. I'm so sick of people like you putting stereotypes on others when you need to look in the mirror and face the ugliness in your own life. You not perfect neither is he nor me. Woman please.

You got a lot of learning to do to be up in age. I hope you didn't say anything to your daughter about her boyfriend. What you need to be doing is asking Jesus Christ to have his way in her life that she'll be happy. That's if he is even your Lord.

When it boils down to it, As long as your daughter and him are happy and The Lord blesses them, you should stay out of her business...

Then again, maybe your daughter should talk with him and maybe they don't belong together... but the fact is still you are no better than him for making the statements you've made about korean. On top of that, have you checked statistics lately and read that 1 in 4 blacks have hiv and don't even know it?

Talk about "a lot" of blacks on here while you talking about koreans. Give everyone some pros and cons. And let eveyone know the percentage of single parent homes in the black community and how many of us black people sell drugs to each other, dog our own women out in rap music and all the other downfalls we have. Then make a statement about another race.

We are "suppose" to love one another unconditionally which is hard for us HUMANS to do. We all are HUMANSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Some of us just have more problems than others but a problem is a problem is a problem. Right? Of coarse.

Jul 22, 2007, 04:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie_123
    Blanket Response to all the reply to my question regarding interracial dating (teens).

First! THE PERSON WHO SUGGESTED "ALL BLACKS GIRLS ARE EASY" This is not a moral issues. I do not have the time to explain race relationship to WHITE PEOPLE. The problem surronding black and stereotypes come directly for WHITES how can you began to speak to me. My questions go directly to people of color not people with issues.

Second! I am so sorry to find out this is not a website for help. It a site for escape.

Third! Do not post any comments to me I am not interest!

Fourth! Never said I was not racist. We all are racist at some point, talking about it freely and openly will open the door to greater understanding. Some wrote "Do I know all Koreans" I find that question stupid at best! The statement that Koreans are intolerant people came for a Korean man of advance years, who has spent half his life living in Korea and the other half living in United States. I think he knows alot more than you!

Lady you got problems. You said you want to hear something from people of color? Well baby I'm as Caramel Chocolate as they come. How dare you state that everyone is a racist in some kind of way. I'm faaaaaaaarrrrrrrr from a racist. You are very childish and your teenage daughter sounds to have more sense than you and I don't know her from squirrell nuts.

1 statement from 1 korean man. WOW! You really are smart and have done research huh? You are the type of woman that makes us black women fit stereotype. You are very selfish and if I were you, I couldn't look in the mirror without wearing a grocery bag over it.

Don't put me in your idiotic stereotypes of "all of us are racist". I have a relationship with Jesus Christ whom is my Lord and Saviour and You go to church? I would hate to go to your church. Its people like you that make atheist not want to have any kind of relationship with God. All that anger and hate you have in your heart is from your own incompotent life. That sounds mean doesn't. What else sounds mean is that your probably overweight and have aids. Probably on welfare and a single parent who's hair looks like a burnt brillo pad. Using all of tax payers money to sit around the house and have high cholesterol. WOW! Look at all of those stereotypes. That's not even scratching the surface.

Not to mention baby daddy drama and different babies daddies for each child. I hope you get the picture. If I was korean and read that. I would be extremely pissed lady. GROW UP! You sound like a stereotype.

Jul 22, 2007, 05:23 AM
    This is more of a comment than a question. I am so sick of my nationality (African Amereican) blaming other races for our problems. Some of these people have more excuses than ever.

My parents taught all 10 of us children, and yes we all have the same mother and father so that baby daddy stereotype call be smoked, that we should hate white people because of what they did to us in slavery. What kind of BS can anyone teach their kids. I don't ever remember being a slave but only a slave to my parents.

This is sickening and disturbing. I love all people. I may not like them but I love them. I love my parent, although I don't like them.

If any race wants to be poor, Its because they choose to. Im sick of black people saying that the "white man holding them down".lol Negro please! You holding yourself down. Just cause your parents where poor and raised you to live like it doesn't mean you have to be. Get some motivation and read the bible. Believe me, It help.

Stop blaming everyone for your incompotency and bust a move! The problem is, we trust in ourselves too much and don't put enough trust in God. We are The Lords little children. He doesn't expect us to fend for ourselves like some of our parents left us to do.

Go to L. Ray Smith - Exposing Those Who Contradict and
    amnjut4ever Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2007, 05:33 AM
    I wouldn't tell your daughter that she couldn't see home because that will only make things worse. Why don't you get to know this boy better? Or tell them they can see each other buut only under your supervision for awhile. When your daughter is 18 she will probably do what she wants anyway. But I don't think the race of them should matter.:)
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2007, 06:41 AM
    Be a parent and pull rank. You have every right to dictate who your daughter can and cannot date. Don't let yourself be made to feel guilty by those who would claim that you're being racist or prejudiced, etc. The fact that this guy had to hide from a member of his own church so that he wouldn't realize that this boy and your daughter were together, followed by his refusal to talk about it, is a huge red flag. You have every right and responsibility to protect your daughter from such hurtful behavior.

Jul 22, 2007, 07:25 AM
    How can the momma give advice or even want to meet the kid when she has already stereotyped him. The only people who should give advice are people with a sound mind. Unfortunately this lady is insane
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2007, 07:52 AM
    I'll admit I answered the original question before reading the rest of the posts. Upon reading them it does sound like the OP has a racist agenda and that's not a good thing. It doesn't change my opinion about her controlling who her daughter dates but it should be for the right reasons. Hiding from an acquaintance when in her presence constitutes a good reason as far as I'm concerned and this particular person should be avoided like the plague. That certainly shouldn't be attributed to the fact that he's Korean. But he does have issues which make her dating him not a good thing.
    Emmalouise Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Jul 22, 2007, 09:32 AM
    You are teaching your child bigotry and hatred. Why could only a black person understand what you are saying? Why did you chastise Jizer saying "spoken like a true white person"? You are spewing intolerance - why not just leave the kids alone and let this young relationship die its natural death - no need to share your racism with your daughter.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2007, 09:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chuff
    Wow, as a white man who lives in the South, I never thought my first Klan meeting would be led by a black woman who hates Koreans.
    "letmetellu disagrees: Very bad thng to say even as a joke."

Interesting. The OP is a flaming racist and you find fault with my comment. Looks like my second Klan meeting will be led by a person of undetermined race, probably under the hood, who hates white guys that hate hate black women that hate Koreans.
    wall12 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Jul 27, 2007, 09:30 PM
    You shouldn't feed off ignorance. Having someone say something like that about your daughter would probably be upsetting for you; so you shouldn't try to implement such thoughts into her. Let them enjoy what's going on, because after all, it is between the two of them. See where it goes and how long it lasts. Wouldn't it be nice knowing that the person you once thought was wrong for your daughter turn out to be the complete opposite? If he treats her right and loves her for her, then you shouldn't have to worry about anything. Don't live off assumption,instead, live off experience.

Ok I was off a little. All I can say is that you should try to talk to her about it. Not about leaving him (because that's not going to solve anything) but rather, about building confidence in herself, so if this were to continue, she ends up not losing. At the end of the day, she'll have tough skin, and she'll have you to thank for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Teenage Troubles [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter is 13, she had a best friend for years, recently her best friend moved on to other relationships. This really set my daughter off, we even caught her e-mailing nasty comment to other friend about this girl. We discussed this with her and told her it was not appropriate, and we would...

Teenage girls dating losers [ 20 Answers ]

I have heard from many parents that many teenage girls go through a phase where they get involved with boys who are losers and troublemakers. I'm worried that this will happen with my daughters. Do any other parents have any experience with this phase and advice other than not allowing dating...

We're dating, but he posted on a dating site! [ 11 Answers ]

We've only been dating for about a month or so. The first couple of weeks, he called me every day, sometimes twice a day. Then it was less frequent. I assumed he didn't have the guts to break it off, so I stopped calling him and he wouldn't call me for a few days, but he always called. Said...

Teenage son [ 18 Answers ]

I have absolutely had it! I hate my son! I do! He is argumentative continually. I have never heard a human being argue to the extent he does. He is rude to not only me, his step father, other adults, a teacher at school and friends. He says all we do is yell at him and I have made a...

Teenage daughter [ 18 Answers ]

Dear sir/madam, I have seen my 16 year old daughter holding hands with her female friend- should I be worried about her sexual orientation? Thank you LUis

View more questions Search