Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Cindy Sheehad quits Democrat Party
    She gave her formal resignation on the lefty blog site Daily Kos Daily Kos: "Good Riddance Attention Whore"

It is too long to post on this site but go to the link for complete text .

Tammy Bruce did a nice translation Tammy Bruce: The Pathetic Cindy Sheehan Quits, I Translate

1. Everyone hates me now, even the Dems ("I have endured a lot of smear and hatred since Casey was killed and especially since I became the so-called "Face" of the American anti-war movement...I have been further trashed on such "liberal blogs" as the Democratic Underground.")

2. The money has dried up. (" [W]hen I started to hold the Democratic Party to the same standards that I held the Republican Party, support for my cause started to erode... ")

3. People stopped paying attention to me. ("I guess no one paid attention to me when I said that the issue of peace and people dying for no reason is not a matter of "right or left", but "right and wrong.")

4. Democrats are blind and stupid and just like Repubs because they don't agree with me, either. ("It amazes me that people who are sharp on the issues and can zero in like a laser beam on lies, misrepresentations, and political expediency when it comes to one party refuse to recognize it in their own party.")

5. America is evil. ("a fascist corporate wasteland...")

6. I wasted all my money and ignored my family to try to prove to myself I am not the attention whore that apparently I am. ("I have also reached the conclusion that if I am doing what I am doing because I am an "attention whore" then I really need to be committed.")

7. America is an ungrateful . ("I have invested everything I have into trying to bring peace with justice to a country that wants neither.")

8. I'm in debt and won't pay my bills because America is evil. ("my hospital bills from last summer (when I almost died) are in collection because I have used all my energy trying to stop this country from slaughtering innocent human beings.")

9. Americans are stupid and vapid and don't care. ("Casey died for a country which cares more about who will be the next American Idol than how many people will be killed in the next few months.")

10. Everyone is jealous of me because I get all the attention. ("This group won’t work with that group; he won’t attend an event if she is going to be there; and why does Cindy Sheehan get all the attention anyway?")

11. Everyone is doomed, so I'm getting out while I can. ("Our brave young men and women in Iraq have been abandoned there indefinitely by their cowardly leaders who move them around like pawns on a chessboard of destruction and the people of Iraq have been doomed to death and fates worse than death ...I am going to take whatever I have left and go home.")

12. I need money. ("Camp Casey has served its purpose. It’s for sale. Anyone want to buy five beautiful acres in Crawford , Texas ? I will consider any reasonable offer.")

13. America is evil. ("Good-bye America ...you are not the country that I love and I finally realized no matter how much I sacrifice...")
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    To that I'd like to add :
    George Bush will never be impeached because if the Democrats dig too deeply, they may unearth a few skeletons in their own graves

YA THINK??

This isn't a surrender ,it is a redeployment to California.

What a sad person. It took her a long time to realize that she was just another useful idiot.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 11:08 AM
    I am hoping she just stays out of the picture from now on. That is just about all I have to say except this: If you are reading this and you are in or have been in the service, THANK YOU, you are very brave and noble! There are more supporters in this world than you might think!
    steviebeezie Posts: 66, Reputation: 13

May 29, 2007, 11:17 AM
    Good riddance. I have been against the war and critical of both parties all along, but this woman just needs to get a life.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 29, 2007, 11:20 AM
    a) That "translation" is a total attack job - are you gys too blind to see that?

b) call me when you lose a son in a pathetic 'war'.
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 11:22 AM
    Because we support the troops in this war, does not mean we support this war. Do you see what I am saying? Good luck and may God be with the soldiers AND their families!
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 11:28 AM
    Another thing, as a mother, I would never spoil my sons name if he was to die in a pathetic war. She did just that and also many other mothers son's names. How dare she do that, how dare her!
    Uber Member

May 29, 2007, 11:29 AM
    She can do what she wants and you can ignore her.
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Not when she is at my sons funeral I can't. You have to know Needkarma that there is a time and place for everything!

May 29, 2007, 12:02 PM
    A lot of people have lost children to this war. I am thankful my children are still kids and can't die in this senseless excuse for a war. Cindy Sheehan has every right to protest as an American citizen, but as far as I'm concerned, she doesn't do it in a constructive or effective manner. Yes, Needkarma, she can do what she wants and I have largely ignored her. Yet there are two sides to this coin of freedom--I have the right to make disparaging comments about her on the internet. So neener neener neener. :P-~~~

Seriously though, I can't help but think that if her son is watching this somewhere, that he's embarrassed. After all, he DID choose to join the military.

I don't object to her opinions. I object to how she expresses them.
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 12:05 PM
    I don't think I could have said it better beezie.

May 29, 2007, 12:05 PM
    Furthermore, how f----d up is it to ruin someone's last goodbye to their children? You want to protest in front of Walker Ranch, or the White House, fine. But to go and interrupt a parent's grieving? Come on! How would she have liked it if we had done it at HER son's funeral?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 29, 2007, 12:11 PM
    I just saw Cindy Sheehan last night on television. She was accepted by the Democratic Party as long as she protested within their guidelines. Now who will take her in?

She reminds me of the '60's protesters. They also could point out all the bad and yet not provide a viable solution. Sad. Yet, it is her right to protest. We live where that is accepted and expected and protected. In another country, she would have been locked up.
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 12:13 PM
    She would not have liked it. This is whatI think, I think she took this whole thing way over the edge and then felt like it was too late to back out. I honestly hope she really isn't this crazed, insane, stupid woman. I really do hope that when she does finally get to see her son, that he will forgive her and she can come to grips with herself in peace and quiet...
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 03:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    a) That "translation" is a total attack job - are you gys too blind to see that?

b) call me when you lose a son in a pathetic 'war'.

a) yes it is and so is the content of her resignation letter

She is not just another Gold Star Mom who has lost a son and has an ax to grind . She long ago crossed the line from grieving mom who is anti-Iraq war to propagandist tool of anti-American groups that have used her for their purposes.

Over the weekend Hugo Chavez put the final nail in Venezuelan freedom.

But January last year Sheehad was one of the stars of a six-day World Social Forum held in Caracas . She stood on the stage hugging that dictator. She thanked Chavez for “supporting life and peace.” She said that she was impressed by his sincerity.She said Venezuela’s foreign ministry sponsored her visit. When it comes to questioning someone's patriotism I don't do it lightly . But Sheehad crossed the line a long time ago. After the meeting; on HARDBALL , she plainly stated she'd rather live under the rule of thug Chavez than under President Bush .

She became a pawn of far left extremist special interest . This whole anti-war thing was just a gig for pay for her . She admitted in her resignation letter that when she started to say things against Evita Clinton that the money pool dried up .

Wikipedia describes a "useful idiot " to describe Soviet sympathizers in western countries (particularly in the United States) and the alleged attitude of the Soviet government towards them. The implication was that the person in question was naïve, foolish, or in willful denial, and was being cynically used by the Soviet Union, or another Communist state.The term is now used more broadly to describe someone who is perceived to be manipulated by political movement, terrorist group, or hostile government, whether the group is Communist in nature. It also is a fitting description of Cindy Sheehad .

b) I do not understand this comment. Do you suggest that only people who have lost a loved one in a conflict is qualified to have an opinion of the conflict ? Or are you saying that because she has lost a loved one she should be given a pass on any position she takes ?
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 09:23 AM
    I am sick by her very existence! Poor woman!
    Uber Member

May 30, 2007, 09:27 AM
    Funny, I feel the same about you.
    Uber Member

May 30, 2007, 09:37 AM
    What's wrong? Does it bother you when someone says that about you?
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 09:42 AM
    Well, I guess it does bother me a bit. If you have a fit reason it might be easier to think someone doesn't like you. It is OK to believe in different things. Sorry Karma, I am not getting your point and if you are feeling strongly toward me, start your own post and don't get in the middle of one you aren't really commenting on.
    Uber Member

May 30, 2007, 09:48 AM
    My point is that you at worst a hypocrite because you come off so high and mighty yet have no problem spewing venom at someone; at best you have a case of keyboard courage.

When the same words are said to you you are offended, yet it's OK for you to say them to others.
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 09:57 AM
    Yes, you are right I did start here high and mighty, I give you that for sure. Then I started to think a little harder about what I was actually saying and doing. Keyboard courage is a wonderful way to put it. Have you been following me? It is not that I was really offended, it was that I was confused as to what you were actually tried to get across to me. That is called "beating around the bush" Just a few months of being on this site, I have calmed down quite a bit. There are still things that I honestly just can't bear to agree with, so I do post a little harsh. So do you, I have read a lot of your posts. Why are you going to pin point me? There are many people out there that were posting right along with me and I don't see you ATTACKING them. I have admitted to sitting on a high horse and feeling bad in the end for it, before you ever came along. I hope this is a good enouh explanation for you to move on now! Not that I think you deserve it, I just wanted to talk about how Cindy Sheehan and her bullcrap! Not you and yours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Time to call it quits? [ 25 Answers ]

I've been married for 14 years and have not been happy for a great deal of it. I have two children, which is what has kept me in the marriage. I've always told myself that I'd stay for the kids, and leave when they are grown. My husband & I don't fight much so I didn't think the kids saw a whole...

When to call it a quits? [ 2 Answers ]

MY BOY says that I'm number one in his heart. I feel that I am not. The most important females in his life are his sister and mother than me. When they want something from him he hope , skips, and jumps for them but when I want something I get excuses and I can't or hold on. He complains to me when...

Boiler quits at night [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2yr. Old Riello (bf5) burner on a Peerles cast iron hot h2o boiler in my home. Lately it quits at night (3 nights in a row). To fix I: Reset, then bleed line once pump starts. There is a small amount of air that comes out immediately, followed by steady stream. It will usually ignite...

How do you know when to call it quits? [ 6 Answers ]

Me and my husband have been married for 5 years and over the past few years our communiction has become non existent. I have started going to therapy for it but if I suggest him going with me or reading a book that I am reading on how to fix a marriage, he just gets pissed off. He thinks he has no...

View more questions Search