Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moore0068 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2007, 01:48 PM
    Fradulent Check Warrant
    I was recently sent a letter dated June 25, 2007 from the Lexington County Sheriff's Dept located in South Carolina stating a request to appear in court to show proof of restitution that a check I wrote April 6, 1999 to a Bi-Lo Store in the amount of $37.24 has been made. Otherwise, I will be arrested on this warrant.
    I can not for the life of me, believe something like this is still "floating around". There were some bad checks written during this time frame but I believe all those issues have been resolved. However, I do not have the records any longer after these many years.
    What exactly is the statuate of limitations in regards to this matter. This occurred over 8 years ago. I'm certain it has been paid but can't prove it. Can they prosecute a case this old?
    Haxzor50 Posts: 147, Reputation: 1
    -

May 24, 2007, 02:04 PM
    They actually can prosecute you for one that old, but you do have a good advantage in court, 9 years old, and their just sending you a notice.. are you still with the same bamk as when you wrote the checks, if so, the bank may have records of payment.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 24, 2007, 03:40 PM
    Errr are you sure on that date as we are still in MAY?
    I'd call the sheriff's office and see if this is real as it sounds like a joke.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you fly with a bench warrant? [ 24 Answers ]

Ok, So I have a bench warrant because the letter I got for a court date was misprinted and differed from what the actual court date was, no big deal, but I need to fly this Sunday and will not be able to clear it before than. The original charge was a misdemeanor, and I am not flying from the same...

Recovery Warrant, Civil Warrant or Detainer Warrant? [ 4 Answers ]

I closed on the purchase of a house on April 27th. The seller notified a roommate (who was "not" a tenant) to move on April 4th. He moved his furniture on April 12 but left 4 broken down vehicles, and 2 garages wall-to-wall with things. He is dragging his feet on moving because he's angry at the...

Warrant [ 7 Answers ]

A nephew has a warrant out for his arrest. He did not show up in court. His dad posted a $5,000 surety bond. I guess my question is : How long of a wait is there, do they look for you or wait for you to mess up again. What happens to the dad and the bond?

Fradulent Company Cheated and Siphoned $ from my Bank Account [ 1 Answers ]

Someone from a club called me up and got my bank details. THey promised me not to charge if I cancelled the account within 15 days. I cancelled the account the day I received their membership. A week later I found that they had alreasy charged my bank account by 150$ and when I called them up...

Search warrant [ 3 Answers ]

Someone drove by and saw a door open at my house, called the police and the police came and entered the house with no search warrant... are they allowed to enter with no search warrant without probable cause?

View more questions Search