Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hockey1014 Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

May 22, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Is he allowed to stay?
    My husband and I met in 11/06. His visa was to expire on 3/19/07. We were married on 3/11/07 in California so that he wouldn't have to go home and we would have to do a fiancée visa. We are in love, but our relationship ran into problems. We went to counseling, did everything we could to save the marriage but he is not willing to try anymore. He says that we are over. We talk and are not hateful to each other. In fact we love each other very much. He just doesn't think anything will change if we get back together. I want to move on and with this I feel we should divorce. What does that do to his legal status? We ve been married 1 year 2 months. He received a work permit, a green card stamp on his passport, he's waiting for the card to come in the mail, and I believe he has permanent residence. What's going to happen when we divorce?? Does he have to go back home?

Thanks for the help!
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2007, 07:25 AM
    If his work permit is still valid, no. Did you sponsor him to get the green card though? If so and you divorce, the sponsorship is no longer valid but he can always apply for a new work permit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Blonds Allowed [ 1 Answers ]

WHY ARE BLONDS SO STUPID!? ________________________ A blonde walks down the street and sees a banana peel a hundred yards ahead, and she sighs. "Here we go again." ________________________ There was a blonde driving through the country. She just dyed her hair brown because

Am I allowed in a Clothes Closet? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a lampholder, am I allowed in a clothes closet? If not why? What are the rules for this subject?

Tandem Breaker Allowed? [ 9 Answers ]

Is it okay to use a tandem breaker in this service panel? It is supplying a 100-amp apartment. 1-20 amp Bath 2-20 amp small appliance circuit 1 3-20 amp small appliance circuit 2 4-15 amp Lights/Receps 5-20 amp lights/receps Circuit 5 will be upgraded to an AFCI breaker if that matters.

Why is this allowed? [ 7 Answers ]

There are reports that once the rescue of people is done, the National Guard has orders to shoot any stray animal on site. Animals are starving. They swim to rescue boats and are being turned away because the boats are for people, yet the rescuers for animals are not allowed to rescue them. ...

View more questions Search