Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laura hamilton Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 02:15 AM
    Big argument now he wants it over!
    I am completley fretting at the moment,
    I got back from holiday on Saturday I went with my boyfriend. On Sunday me and the boyfriend had a huge argument I found out that another woman has been confiding in him and he wouldn't tell me what she was telling him. This led to hauge argument where I ended up Slapping him.
    Now he is saying he loves me but can be with me because of the way I am he hates that I Slapped him and he says I have anger issues.

I love him so much and don't want to lose him.
    I don't know what to do, I saw him yesterday and he was fine with me we were happy but he still keeps saying he can't be with me.

Please help, I'm so distraught.

Xx
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

May 22, 2007, 02:23 AM
    Leave, right now tell him you both need a week apart to think aout the relationship and where it is going. He will definitely chase after you.

Tell him youwant to be in a relationship with a guy who cantell you everything!! Tell him there are plenty more guys who know how to communicate and tell him your taking a break to work out what you want and who you want to be with!!

This is the right thingto do if he cannot tell you then this is what has MUST be done

DO IT NOW!! TAKE CONTROL.

I know you won't do this but it is the right thing to do if you want the relationship to work

THIS WILL WORK I HOPE YOU DO IT!! You must believe this is a game and if you want to beat this guy you must stand up for youraself and do this. Why would you let some other girl confide in your guy WALK AWAY SHOW HIM YOU DONTSTAND FORTHAT!! Do IT NOW
    missbeach123 Posts: 75, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 02:27 AM
    Okay, seems like a big blow out, but if your careful here and don't get too emotional or reactive, you might be able to back track and fix things. First off, I'm sure you've apologized for hitting him, right? Ok, now stop bringing it up, because it only reminds him of how angry he was. Start being really calm to compensate all the drama, don't act like nothing is wrong, but show him with actions that you are not a heated drama queen.

Is there more going on then the slap that caused him to break things off? Also, If he saw you yesterday and you were "happy" it doesn't make sense that he can't be with you, it sounds like he's being a little dramatic, and since he pulled out the break up card, he's leaving it on the table so he can play with the idea. You pushed his buttons with the slap, and he's making you pay for it.

If he means it after a few for more days, give him what he wants. Don't hang out with him, if he wants to be broken up, show him what life without you is like. It doesn't sound like he really wants to be over since he spent time with you yesterday, but show him that his words are not to be taken lightly and that he can't just throw "lets break up" around.

Relax and ride it out. Good luck and don't slap people!
    missbeach123 Posts: 75, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 02:29 AM
    Oh and I agree with the first answer, he will CHASE U if you take a stand. Don't FRET!
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

May 22, 2007, 02:55 AM
    If this was a post about someone's boyfriend hitting her there would be a huge debate... so for that I will say, it doesn't matter that you are fem, you have no right to be hitting your partner,communicate,shout,scream but you have no right to hit him.
    OK, its hard to say, he might not come back, the way I see it he doesn't have to tell you what was said between them, if they are just friends and nothing sexual is going on then what's the problem? The way he is probably looking at it is the fact you hit him, all because he has a friend he speaks to and doesn't involve you.
    All you can do is show him you are sorry, give him time, the rest is up to him.
    laura hamilton Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 03:10 AM
    Thank you for your help.
    I slapped him but he has done far worse in our three year relationship.
    He has cheated before that is why I made such a deal of another girl confiding in him.
    It hurts to know that we are engaged and have been together so long and he can't tell me what she has been telling him and she wrote him a letter.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 22, 2007, 07:48 AM
    Hitting each other, and cheating is a dealbreaker, as whatever is holding you together is in no way LOVE. You both need help, if just talking to someone explodes in violence. Get help ASAP, your both abusive.
    emopunk7 Posts: 1,052, Reputation: 161
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2007, 08:11 AM
    This relationship is already unpure and so not innocent. There is anger between the two of you and somewhere along the line, it went wrong. Surely emotions take their role at this point and tell you to stay because you love and all that stuff, but it's better to let go and find better. The respect is gone... Once it's gone, it could never be restored... trust me. Maybe for a week or two but you will always go back to square one, and u'll find it easier to smack him next time and he may do it back. Believe me it only gets worse. Move on ASAP!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get the work done without going for argument [ 4 Answers ]

I'm married recently .My wife is abit sentimental and so one have to be very careful when he/she interacts with her. In short I feel she is yet to be matured. I want her to continue her studies.But the problem is she has lost interest in it .Though she also wants to complete her graduation...

Unsound argument and invalid argument [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between an unsound argument and an invalid argument? Give an example of each. When you are building an argument for an issue that is significant to you, do you think it is more important to be sound or valid? Why?

Diagonal argument? [ 1 Answers ]

Consider the following problem: We have the following sets: A={S where S is a bounded sequence of natural numbers} B={S where S is an increasing bounded sequence of natural numbers} I need to prove that set A is not denumerable and set B is denumerable. For the first one, could I use...

Family argument [ 5 Answers ]

Some years back, my in-laws had loaned my brother some money without my knowledge. I came to know of this news much later just by chance. The money was never returned back and no topic had come up to return it. Now, some crisis has arisen and my in-laws are demanding the money back. I am in the...

Settling an argument. [ 3 Answers ]

Had a somewhat heated discussion about the side effects of a plumber using muratic acid to clean a drainage pipe (clogged by washer discharge, mostly). I maintain that this is tempting to use but could cause damage to the pipes leading to some fairly serious repair work. Do plumbers actually resort...

View more questions Search