Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    venus_envy19 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

May 11, 2007, 07:10 AM
    Am I crazy. Or pregnant
    I was wondering about how I should classify this. I don't regularly keep up with my period (sometime I'm vowing to do now since I'm painfully unsure about being pregnant right now.. every time I doubt it something happens that changes my mind.. just got to get tested, but anyway). Half the time I don't even remember when I've had one, and if I do the dates are always an approximation. Fortunately the past few months I've been in events that happened around my period and helped me remember so I know I had one in march that started towards the end of the month and ran into the first week of April, (this happens more times than not) and usually I'll have a period that same month. Almost like two periods in one month. In April I had unprotected sex and didn't go all the way (the partner didn't fully penetrate me before ejaculation and he ejaculated no where near my vagina). Then finally came around and I was stressed out, incredibly stressed out and noticed that towards the final weeks of April I hadn't had a period and I thought back to my sorrid unprotected sex experience and became more stressed out. I think the last week of April I noticed sone pinkish-brownish dicharge when I wiped and read up on it online and became even more paranoid. I eventually had a period on may 1st and started taking my BC immediately after my last period; but I've been experiencing some slight abdomnial discomfort and today (11 may) I've been feeling nausea all morning... so I guess my question is howmany periods will you miss before a pregnancy, would you personally consider the extended period (may-april) as a cycle for April, and do you personally think I'm experiencing pregnancy symptoms?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 11, 2007, 07:19 AM
    What you may be experiencing are side-effects from the pill, this is common.

Now, most women know they are pregnant by just missing only one period, but that is not for all women. The missed period is different for everyone.

See, you get pregnant, you miss your period. Plain and simple. However, some women do get pseudo-periods (false periods) for the first few months of pregnancy.

When in doubt, always take a test and/or make a doctor's appointment.
    venus_envy19 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

May 11, 2007, 07:41 AM
    Lol that eased my mind and made me more paranoid all at the same time lol I really think I'm just stressing myself out with all this nonesense. Finals took a toll on me and worrying about being pregnant made me even more stressed out. I guess if I'm not pregnant I will definitely never ever forget to take my BC again... EVER.. going to get a test and figure all this out though I can't continue to live with this albatross :( thanks a mil for the advice

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please help, I'm going crazy! [ 3 Answers ]

I don't remember a lot so there is prob no hope in me finding the answer! It was a cartoon I use to watch when I was a kid... I think it was a movie perhaps.. either way it was an animation. I grew up mid 80s to 90s seeing it so it would be from around that time, maybe a little earlier even. ...

Is this crazy or what? [ 5 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for a year and a half. In the beginning when we got in a fight and I told him we should break up he would say things like, he didn't care if I want to leave then leave, no girl is that important that he's going to beg her to stay... not even his mother. Now whenever we...

Am I going crazy? [ 4 Answers ]

OK, I'm 25 and just last yr I was diagnosed w/diabetes. My dr. told me of all the right foods I need to eat and what wrong foods I need to stay away from. I honestly have to say that some sugar-free items are good but you really can't compare a sugar-free cookie to an oreo. Well, my boyfriend...

Am I pregnant? I am going crazy! [ 4 Answers ]

I am going crazy! It has now been 2 weeks since I missed my period. I am always regular, ALWAYS! My breasts are siverely sore. I have a 2 year old son. When I was pregnant I had the same symptom. I did not find out I was PG with him until I was two months pregnant. I get bloated and get period...

Am I Crazy? [ 5 Answers ]

I am 18 years old and I have a son that is 14 months old... im not sure when this started but I think it happened when I was pregnant. There are times when I know that I am crazy but I don't know what to do about it. I think I am crazy because I always think ghost are after me. Not really like...

View more questions Search