Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meggiemm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 08:54 PM
    My hair color is "Stuck"
    I am a natural blonde. I recently wanted a change, so I dyed my hair a dark brow/red, specifically called "Chocolate Cherry" and it is a very dark brow with lots of red. I enjoyed it for awhile, but now my roots are coming in and I want to change it back to my blonde.
    I went to the store and got a color that is suppose to lighten it 4 shades, and it did nothing. I had a box of my natural hair color and did that, still nothing.
    Its like my color is "stuck"
    I have heard of bleaching it and the dye it again, but I don't want to be bald! I have also heard that you can strip the color, but I don't know how or what to do for that either.
    I just want to change my color back to SOMETHING lighter with the least amount of damage, and I just don't have the money to go to a salon.
    I could really use some advice
    MicheleEB Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

May 11, 2007, 10:12 AM
    I had a friend with a similar problem, don't quote me on this but I believe what she did was get a lighter shade of the brown, to "lighten her hair" then after about 6 to 8 weeks went a little lighter again. She said it took like 5 months, but it eventually worked. (or you could go to a salon and have it proffesionally lightened) I would go to a local beauty school, they are usually pretty good and about half the cost! There is a community college near my house that has a beauty school and a full weave costs about $40 if you are not a student and about $35 if you are. :)
    angelsx3grammy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by meggiemm
    I am a natural blonde. I recently wanted a change, so I dyed my hair a dark brow/red, specifically called "Chocolate Cherry" and it is a very dark brow with lots of red. I enjoyed it for awhile, but now my roots are coming in and I want to change it back to my blonde.
    I went to the store and got a color that is suppose to lighten it 4 shades, and it did nothing. I had a box of my natural hair color and did that, still nothing.
    Its like my color is "stuck"
    I have heard of bleaching it and the dye it again, but I dont want to be bald! I have also heard that you can strip the color, but I dont know how or what to do for that either.
    I just want to change my color back to SOMETHING lighter with the least amount of damage, and I just dont have the money to go to a salon.
    I could really use some advice
    Artificial color will not lighten artificial color. You have to strip it out with bleach
    angelsx3grammy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2007, 01:20 PM
    I am a cosmetologist and have been doing hair for 12 yrs. When you do strip it you have to watch it very carefully it may not take long then if you get an off tone you don't like you will have to tone it. Say it is too orange for example you would have to put a toner on your hair. Refer to pretty lady response "all about hair coloring it is an excellent explanation of hair color. First law of color color won't lift color! It will be OK if you don't leave it on too long just condition really good after each attempt
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

May 11, 2007, 01:24 PM
    I would just let it grow out!

I had strips of my hair bleached and recoloured at a salon about a year ago, and now I can't do anything with it! It doesn't hold any dye for more than a month so I end up with dodgy patchy hair! It was a very expensive salon too! It doesn't bother me all that much to be honest, but if I could go back I wouldn't have let them do it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 Honda Accord "stuck" In Sports Drive [ 2 Answers ]

I Have A 1991 Honda Accord. Over the last month or so, it will put itself Into "sports Drive." The "S" light on the dash goes on, and it switches to this drive, which revs at higher RPMs. It Seems Like This Might Be Some Kind Of Protective Mechanism By The Car. Sometimes I Can Get It Back...

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

"strip" hair color [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all! I am new and I guess I am blind. I know I was supposed to ask this question in the "appropriate" category but I didn't see one for my question. I would just like to know what to do in order to "strip" hair color off my hair so I can be all natural? Something that will not "fry" my scalp...

Background Display stuck in "Stretch" [ 6 Answers ]

My WindowsXP Background will not display in Center or Tile modes. The screen is white. I read that .htm documents are displayed in this way (Stretch only) but don't know what I did so that all images only display in Stretch mode. System Restore is no help.

View more questions Search