Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ej_sad Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 10:50 AM
    Music and you tube.
    Can anyone help me??
    Does anyone know any sites where u can download free music? Would be cool if someone could help me
    Does anyone know how to make the you tube videos go any faster?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 4, 2007, 09:50 AM
    I have moved your post over to the internet area where you may get more help.

As for as free music, no there are some very good low costs sites.
    iscorpio Posts: 124, Reputation: 17

May 4, 2007, 10:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ej_sad
    can anyone help me????
    does anyone know any sites where u can download free music?? would be cool if someone could help me
    does anyone know how to make the you tube videos go any faster?
    Hi Limewire and Frostwire lol either one is good I think maybe Frostwire has the edge. Enjoy! Take care, love and peace anne x
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

May 4, 2007, 10:42 AM
    Limewire is wonderful!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 4, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Check out this sticky:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/music/...tml#post396531

But please remember, that downloading copyrighted material without permission is illegal.

Sites like Limewire and Frostwire are simply conduits for content. However, the content that is placed on those sites may be illegal. It is illegal for someone to make copyrighted content available for sharing without the permission of the copyright holder. It is stealing to obtain copyrighted material without the permission of the copyright holder.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Are those legal? Or do you pay a membership fee? I have also been looking for a good site to download from other than itunes... but prefer to stay legal... I don't need anyone on my back right now, and am not computer savvy enough to even attempt to beat the system... lol. They made it impossible to pay my old site if you live in the US...
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 11:59 AM
    Any site or program to download music free isn't legal but there are a lot of choices apart from Itumes if you don't like it. Just Google mp3 download, you should get all the pay sites.

May 4, 2007, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowtax4eva
    Any site or program to download music free isnt legal
    That's not quite true. There are sites that do offer free music legally. Many bands have their own sites where they offer tracks for downloading. Usually these are new bands or sample tracks from new albums that they want to promote.
    ashleysb Posts: 179, Reputation: 39

May 4, 2007, 12:10 PM
    If you know what song you want and who the song is by, there are a couple ways you *may* be able to get it legally for free. One is MySpace, some bands allow you to download some of their songs right off their page. Another way is going to the band's website, sometimes they offer a few free downloads. But other than that I use iTunes, most songs are just $0.99. You could also check eBay, or Amazon usually has used CD's for cheap.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Yeah I don't want the free music... it scares me... I want to pay... but sometimes 99 cents a song is a little pricey... I've been trying to find a legal one that isn't as expensice as itunes...
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 12:21 PM
    So, downloading music (or some music) from Limewire is illegal?:eek:
    How do they get away with being so popular?

May 4, 2007, 12:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AKaeTrue
    So, downloading music (or some music) from Limewire is illegal?:eek:
    How do they get away with being so popular?
    The courts have held that Peer to Peer networks like Limewire are legal because the service they perform (sharing content) has legal uses. An analogy would be its not illegal to own a knife, but it is illegal to stick it into a person.

There are a lot of people without ethics who prefer to steal music then pay for it. Many of those and others rationalize their thievery by saying the record companies chanrge too much and cheat the artists etc. Many don't realize its illegal. Some think that if its on the Internet it must be legal otherwise it would be shut down.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Many don't realize its illegal. Some think that if its on the Internet it must be legal otherwise it would be shut down.
    Call me naïve, but that's what I thought.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tieing knob and tube to 14/2 [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me how to tie knob and tube wiring into 14/2 wiring. This is a hundred plus year old house and I want to upgrade... Thank you Lou G.

You Tube Down loads [ 2 Answers ]

Can videos from You Tube be down loaded and transferred onto DVDs ?

TV Picture Tube [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: We have a Sony Trinitron, <the big clunker> 32 inch. Recently, the picture goes black, sound is still perfect & if you shut the TV off & back on, the picture comes back <not all that fast but eventually>. We seem to think it's about 10 yr.'s old. Does anyone have a clue?? Thank...

View more questions Search