Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnsgurl_20 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Pregnant and worried
    I was wondering I'm almost four months pregnant and sometimes I seem to have this lower abdomen pain, but they don't stay very long sometimes it feels like that they are contractions. I've looked on the internet and asked some people does anyone know what these could be or should I see a doctor?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 26, 2007, 03:26 PM
    If you are four months pregnant, past the first trimester, and you are having pains like contractions, I would see your pediatrician immediately.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 26, 2007, 04:20 PM
    You should see your OB. Actually pediatricians deal with the babies after they are born. But, yes you should see your OB. It may be nothing more than Braxton-Hicks contractions (false labor), that is about when mine started. But only your doctor can tell you for sure.
    ConfusedMother9 Posts: 61, Reputation: 6

Mar 24, 2009, 09:30 AM

Is this your first pregnancy? I am not downplaying your pain, but sometimes with out first children, we think things are worse than they are.

However, your pains should always be mentioned to your OB, especially if you are worried that they could be contractions. You should call him/her immediately and they may want you to come in for a visit.

And even if it is nothing to worry about, have your doctor confirm that will put your mind at ease.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Worried about pregnant cat [ 20 Answers ]

About 9 weeks ago my husband and I took in 2 cats that had been mistreated... before we could get them spayed and neutered the female got pregnant. Yesterday we woke up and she had vaginal bleeding... we put her in a quite room with food water and a litter box... since yesterday there has not been...

Worried, if I'm pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question, I've made two pregnancy tests all ready and the first one came out positive and the second one came out negative... I was just wondering if you know what could be wrong... and to know if you think I might be pregnant or not... I havne gotten my period yet?

Worried about if I am pregnant? [ 10 Answers ]

We are not trying to get pregnant but we did briefly have unprotected sex twice last month after my period. I had my period on march 14th-it lasted about three days or so. On march 24th we briefly had sex and he pulled out after only a few minutes-the same thing happened again on march 28th. Since...

Family worried I might be pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Back in January I had a normal period which was a few days late. Then I had unprotected sex January 26th. My period for February was 8 days late and started as spotting one day, full on bleeding the next day then spotting for another day and a half... then nothing. For the last month or so my...

22 and worried... Could I be pregnant? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm sorry, I know this question has been asked before but I am in a panic. I am a virgin and have been dating my boyfriend for about 3 months. We have done a lot of foreplay stuff, including some very slight contact (penile/vaginal) while naked, but never insertion. We are always very careful to...

View more questions Search