Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    niniback Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 04:54 PM
    Second Chances.
    Hi all,

I was wondering if we can tell stories about our experiences with giving your partner a 'second chance'.

What made you decide to give it a second chance.
    How it went.
    Did it work out the second time around.

And finally...
    Would you do it again?
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2007, 04:28 AM
    Gave her two chances. ;] No it didn't work out and yes I would give her another chance. However I would take it so slow as Ive learn t from everything I did wrong. I think I would like to be friends with her for a while if she would be willing. But hey were see, quite happy as I am although miss my ex a lot.

LoveShack.org: Interpersonal Relationship Advice and Assistance Center - Love and dating advice, platonic relationships, and more. has a second chances dedicated forum - u may want to check it out.

My cousin split up with his girlfriend at 18/19 went there separate ways due to boredom in the relationship etc. Few years later they got back together and have been together ever since 10 years now. My auntie and uncle were child hood sweethearts, they married 30 years later after being both married before. Anything can happen, just work on yourself, don't try to analyze things so much and enjoy life - be that fun bubbly person you know you are!!
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2007, 04:57 AM
    I gave my old boyfriend a second chance, no it did not work . BUT because I gave him a second chance I spent more time with my now husband. So, yes I guess it did work out :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 23, 2007, 05:25 AM
    Never had a second chance. I always moved on until I got married. Why go back?
    Expert

Apr 23, 2007, 06:56 AM
    Jiser agrees: lol, try, try again until you succeed.

My wife won't let me.
    ForeverZero Posts: 312, Reputation: 82

Apr 23, 2007, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Jiser agrees: lol, try, try again untill you suceed.

My wife won't let me.

Secretly, tal is just a big girl!
    Expert

Apr 23, 2007, 08:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverZero
    Secretly, tal is just a big girl!
    The hairy chest gave it away?
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

Apr 24, 2007, 11:59 AM
    Gave her 5 chances and no it didn't work.(Thank God)
    angelbabe1759 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by niniback
    Hi all,

I was wondering if we can tell stories about our experiences with giving your partner a 'second chance'.

What made you decide to give it a second chance.
    How it went.
    Did it work out the second time around.

And finally...
    Would you do it again?
    I think everyone deserves a second chance, me and my ex dated for a while and he did something horrible, he cheated on me but he was drunk and said if I take him back he will quit drinking and will never do anything to impar his judgement or our love again so yes, I took him back, I know it says ex, well about a month later he died so... please give chances maybe even 3rd and 4th
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2007, 01:22 PM
    I was given a second change, 11 years later we are still together and have a pretty good life together with our four kids. If it weren't for my husbands big heart and morals, who knows who I would be today. I love him for my second chance. I guess it all boils down to changing your "path". I didn't get it until I was all the way down under the water and he brought me back to the top to breath. If you feel like it is worth it, then do it. Give someone a chance. Or two.
    sypher373 Posts: 360, Reputation: 38

Apr 24, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiser
    Gave her two chances. ;] No it didn't work out and yes I would give her another chance.
    Jiser,

You gave her multiple chances and it didn't work, but you would do it again?

What do you think caused it not to work with the second and third chance? Was it that you resumed the relationship without examing what caused it to fail to begin with?

Just curious, if you don't mind me asking :)
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 03:05 AM
    In all honesty I realize my mistakes. I gave her 100% practically all the time, I smothered her, textx + calls I gave her everything. I thought that's what a women/girl would want, candles, dinners, holidays and stuff. Its not! I must of become a highly annoying, unattractive individual. Pressures of growing up, exams, school, all too much for her + me a 21 year old guy wanting it all. Life isint like that though. We had different inretests and she wasn't prepared to try them either - I am a very active person!

I am not saying however that my ex did things wrong - she did, she cheated on me with an ex - personally I believe she never got over him, hence why she has got a summer job where he works.

Each time we did break up we took it to fast again and she wanted me back within a week or two. I am hoping to build a friendship up with her over the next few months, maybe meet up at some point. We've been speaking a lot on IM recently but I am quite 'ok!' at the moment. I have some good friends, a lot of hobbies and a lot planned for this summer holidays.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2007, 03:09 AM
    Second chances are okay, mistakes are how we learn and how we grow. I believe that giving someone a second chance when they've learned from the mistake is a good thing to do. But making the same mistake more than once? Then I would start to get suspicious. I wouldn't want to be with someone who didn't want to learn or grow.

Apr 25, 2007, 06:56 AM
    Here's a question then,
    How do you deal with someone who seems like they want a second chance some of the time?? It seems that when she's with me, when I'm home from school, she does - when I'm away, she's quite different. She claims she's busy with school and hanging out with friends...

Maybe I should just chalk it up to confusion
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 07:02 AM
    Why are you with her then sypher? If its causing so much confusion. It there is any chance of a 'reconciliation' it will be in the future. This is why it is so important to give space to each other, to work on your life, what you want, your career, your friends, family and having fun.

Space gives you time to realize where you went wrong, to learn! In that time apart if you move on and don't want to keep a 'friendship' (used in a loose term) then that's all good and fine. However it takes two for a friendship and two for a relationship, if one party doesn't want in, then its not going to happen and is key, if you don't have allot in common it may be hard to be friends.
    Expert

Apr 25, 2007, 07:39 AM
    How do you deal with someone who seems like they want a second chance some of the time??
    You deal with them by leaving them to there own confusion, and moving ahead with your life. Who has time for that nonsense drama??
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 07:48 AM
    Too right tali, shouldn't really bother with drama!! Unhealthy, its hard to let go, but it must be done!
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

Apr 25, 2007, 08:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiser
    Too right tali, shouldn't really bother with drama!!! Unhealthy, its hard to let go, but it must be done!
    I realize me ex was full of drama and yes its hard to let go, but once you let go that person it get easier day by day. I miss her sometimes now but, I'm happier with out her.
    And the pain in my heart is going away it's more of a friend missing.
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 08:02 AM
    Give it time sab :P

Apr 25, 2007, 10:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    You deal with them by leaving them to there own confusion, and moving ahead with your life. Who has time for that nonsense drama????
    I agree, seems that trying to help someone with their confusion is quite impossible when your part of the reason for the confusion :o

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are my chances? [ 13 Answers ]

My ex and I(separated for 2 years ) have a parenting order in place where he has the 2 girls (ages 5 and 12) every other weekend and they reside with me on a day to day basis. He has breached every stipulation on the order and them some. He hasn't seen the girls since christmas 2006, come to find...

What are the chances [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I just wanted to put my story out and see what are the chances that my girlfriend is pregnant or not. She's been on the pill for several months and we use condoms too. However, recently there have been a couple times where we did not use condoms and I pulled out, although I know its possible...

What are the chances? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I was just wondering what are the chances of getting pregnant from just getting fingered I have never had sex and I have missed my period for the month of October and I'm just freaking out I mean I have missed it one time brfore a long time ago but I was just wondering and also I have been very...

What are the chances [ 2 Answers ]

Hello to all I am new to the site and would greatly appreciate any info you can provide me concerning my?. :o In Sept I had 2 cycles one on 09042006 and one on 09182006( this has NEVER happened to me before) so according to my last cycle I would have ovulated from 100206-10062006... Now according...

View more questions Search