Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    julesz7 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 06:18 AM
    He keeps accusing me of wanting to be and sleep with other people
    I have been in a relationship with a close friend for just over a month now. We have known each other for over a year and he liked me from the first time we met but I turned him down a couple of times. Meeting up with him a month ago I realised I did feel a lot more for him than before and we started a relationship. Since that day,every single day I get accused of sleeping with his cousins and friends and that I don't really want to be with him... sometimes he says it and giggles at the same time. I don't know what to do, and I am getting really fed up with this situation. I know he wants my attention constantly but he is pushing me away by doing this. Somebody help me I am completely stuck. I love this guy with all my heart and want this to work because I know he loves and cares for me but I can't deal with this unnecessary suspicion. What do you think?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2007, 06:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by julesz7
    i have been in a relationship with a close friend for just over a month now. we have known each other for over a year and he liked me from the first time we met but i turned him down a couple of times. meeting up with him a month ago i realised i did feel alot more for him than before and we started a relationship. since that day,every single day i get accused of sleeping with his cousins and friends and that i dont really want to be with him....sometimes he says it and giggles at the same time. i dont know what to do, and i am getting really fed up with this situation. i know he wants my attention constantly but he is pushing me away by doing this. somebody help me i am completly stuck. i love this guy with all my heart and want this to work because i know he loves and cares for me but i can't deal with this unnecessary suspicion. what do you think?
    What you need to do is talk to him about how this makes you feel when he mentions it all the time. Even if he think he is joking, it is bothering you because you would not do that to him. You should tell him how it makes you feel and how he is pushing you away because you feel that he does not trust you. Ask him why does he constantly says that? The unnecessary suspicion could be from previous experience. He needs to know that you want him to stop saying those things. It would get very annoying but it sounds like he has very low self esteem.

Just be honest with him and tell him how you feel.

Joe
    iminlove Posts: 31, Reputation: 5

Apr 19, 2007, 07:52 AM
    I think this is a bad situation and you should run as fast as you can. I could be wrong but please consider it a possibility.
    This is the first sign of an abuser , whether it be emotional or physical.
    1) accusing you of infidelity
    2) asking you to account for every minute of your time
    3) checking phone messages/e- mails
    4) trying to cut you off from friends or family
    5) trying to be in an exclusive relationship very quickly
    Watch these trends carefully please.
    From someone that 's been there.
    Best wishes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wanting to get out! [ 3 Answers ]

I currently rent an apartment, and I signed a 1 year lease in July of last year. When I moved in, I called the office because I had no kitchen cabinet door, and was missing a drawer. Also, the dishwasher we were promised never worked. They never did anything about it. The neighborhood is bad, and I...

Wanting 2 [ 5 Answers ]

My fiancée and I have been togather for 3 years we are getting married in October and we are wanting to have a baby is there anything I should be doing to prepare myself for trying to get pregnant? We are finically stable and looking to buy a home right now we rent a nice house. I'm only 21 he is...

No sleep [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old who is not sleeping through the night. We will put him to bed around 9 but he will wake up between 1 and 5 am and come in our bed. At that time we are to lazy to get up and put him back in his bed. I hope there is another solution to my problem. I don't want to make him cry...

Can't sleep AGAIN [ 2 Answers ]

I always wake up around 3:00 in the morning and can't get back to sleep.. then I'm exhausted every night by 9. It works well most days because I get a ton of work completed many mornings- but then on days when I don't have much to complete, it's brutal. My mind races in the mornings with all the...

Sleep [ 44 Answers ]

Hi I always go to sleep around 3 or 4 am then wake up between 7 or 8. Is this normal as I don't feel tired. Thanks

View more questions Search