Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fayzee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2007, 07:51 PM
    Toning Beds
    I just had a demonstration regarding Toning Beds. I would like to know, do they really work? Is it worth the money?
    JohnnyRocketts Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2007, 12:46 PM
    Are you talking about tanning beds? If so they emit UV light, the same time of light emitted from the sun. Since the rays are identical they have the same effect on our skin, we tan. So yes they work. Toning beds on the other hand I have never heard of and would not recommend
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2007, 01:07 PM
    No Johnny she means a toning bed where you lay or sit and it moves your legs and arms it's a form of exercise equipment.
    I had a friend who used them and found they helped her but as will all types of exercise you need a healthy diet too.
    I have to admit they are really exspensive to use here in the uk personally I would stump up the monthly gym membership and get guidance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 15, 2007, 01:12 PM
    They made me the hunk I am today

My wife went to one of those clubs for a while that had something similar that helped her work out, it helped her some, She latter joined a regular club and did do better.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2007, 08:38 AM
    They work for the most part, but why not just spend the money on a club membership? They are good if you are new to exercise or need low impact, but actually moving your own body with aerobics, jogging, biking, walking, or weight/resistance training, I believe will give you better results. Along with a healthy diet.
    lindael Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2008, 01:45 PM
    I have used toning beds on and off for 2-3yrs and have found them very beneficial. I have found them much cheaper than going to the gym and if you wish to just lay there you can, obviously if you exercise as well you become toned quicker.
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Wow, I want one! Lol I'd never heard of a toning bed before. Is it something you sleep in as well? Would a massage chair have a similar effect?
    lindael Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 04:42 AM
    No not a bed tp sleep in and not like a massage chair. They are expensive to buy. They are relaxing but the more you do on them exercise wise the more you benefit.:)
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2008, 05:01 AM
    I was seriously close to buying a massage chair a few months because I can see so many benefits. Imagine getting into an argument with the kids and sending them to 'the chair' to sort themselves out. They're just so relaxing, and I would have thought they also tone muscles the same way any massage does.

I had a quick look at a website for toning beds. Wouldn't you need a lot of space for a bed like that? Does one bed do a variety of exercises. I can see there are different beds for different exercises.

Did you actually trim down using toning beds as they say you can?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tanning beds? [ 2 Answers ]

My buddies and I want to go and tan in tanning beds but we're not sure how much I would be and we don't really want to be that dark just not as white as whiteout so does any one no were to go and how much it would be? :eek:

Toning midsection and thighs by exercise [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if walking on a treadmill, 30 minutes in morning and 30 minutes in afternoon, that is averaging 2 miles a day, will flatten tummy and get rid of and tone love handles, make my butt firm, get rid of cellulitein butt and upper thighs.

Toning down red hair coloring [ 1 Answers ]

My dark hair was dyed a permanent reddish brown in a salon. I had a few grey hairs peppered in with my natural color. My scalp and roots look oranger than the rest. The red has a maroon or violet tone in the light. What can I put on it to tone it down?

Toning [ 3 Answers ]

Right I really want to tone my chest and stomach my arms ,legs and bum are fine how I like them I just can't seem to tone my chest and stomach at all I do sit up every other night for about 5 minutes I really need help its getting me down

Tummy toning and exercises [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 5'6" 19 years old and 135-140 pounds. I'm not looking to loose a ton of weight or anything but I was wondering what exercises can be done to flatten your belly... I don't feel overweight I just want to have a nice toned mid-driff... could you also tell me how they are done (the exercises) thank...

View more questions Search