Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Raytemple Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2015, 07:24 PM
    07 John Deere riding mower
    John Deere riding mower won't go in forward or reverse. This happen after I jacked it up and changed a flat. Any ideas? Please
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 11, 2015, 06:18 AM
    Mine has a thin metal rod sticking out the back, with a 2" bend at the end, for releasing the transmission. Turn that and see if it goes back in.
    Look for it in your manual.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Apr 12, 2015, 06:30 AM
    Hi,
    Rear axles are keyed between the axle and the wheel. The key is missing. Hint: If you watch that side with someone else aboard the mower, you will see the axle spin within the wheel in the side in question.
    The key is 5/32" x 2"
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John deere riding mower troubleshooting [ 0 Answers ]

I have a John Deere mower model 102. At a high RPM and a medium gear, the mower moves slowely. I changed a flat tire and made sure the axle keys are in the right place, I have changed the trans drive belt and that doesn't seem to be the problem. Any suggestions?

John deere 68 riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

My father-in-law has a John Deere 68 Riding mower # A684H # 097629M. It needs some TLC/ carb work. How can we find parts/kits/etc for this mower? Went to JohnDeere.com posted the numbers that I listed above nothing came up. Am thinking it is too old for their books??

John deere riding mower [ 2 Answers ]

I have a john deere riding mower. I mowed for about 15 min this morning and it just stopped. It runs, it just will not go in forward or reverse.

John Deere L 110 Riding Mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have an L 110 riding mower from John Deere and I have to charge the battery. I just bought a charger and will charge it for first time. My question is I have to know if the 12 volt battery in my mower is a wet battery, gel battery, or agm battery. Can you tell me which battery it is? Thanks!

View more questions Search