Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2005, 08:29 PM
    Confusion
    My exboyfriend and I broke up last week because he wanted time to focus on his academics and so forth. I was (and am still) very devastated. However, I understood that I had no choice in the matter but to let him go. I didn't want to break up at all so this has been really hard on me. I have been really trying to heal. But, for the past few days he has been sending me instant messages asking after me. Initially I replied then held conversations with him. Later on, I got frustrated because he was acting like nothing happened. Meanwhile my heart lay shattered, and he's interferring with my healing process. I asked him why he was continuing to talk with me when he wanted a break from me in the first place. He said that there was nothing wrong to talk with me. Argh! What does this guy want from me?
    melody2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2005, 01:31 PM
    Well I think he is just hanging out with you till he finds someone very interesting.
    I dindt know one would have to break up to focus on studies.
    I think he is talking to you because you are easily available. I think you should not be talking to him unless and until he really wants to patch up with you.. and that too if he wants to.. you can give him a little hard time... showing that you are not an easy girl to be dumpped anytime and then got back the nest day.

Alsoo sure you can talk to him once in a while, but giving him th eright hint that you guys are not together anymore.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2005, 02:47 PM
    YES - don't be available as much!! Like weeks.

You were probably on the phone every night and seeing each other every day.

If want to get over it. Don't return the calls. No instant message.

If you want to get back together - take sometime.

Sounds like you got WAY too emotionally invovlved. Big no-no. Never.

And maybe now he realizes he had a good thing - now you are not sure. The tables can turn - especially when you become Unavailable all of a sudden. Want to see him go bizerk? Go out with someone else.

If you DO get back together - DO NOT see each other every day. Do NOT call each other every day. That is called marriage and that is a totally different ball game.
    dgramenz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2005, 04:36 PM
    [QUOTE=nin]My exboyfriend and I broke up last week because he wanted time to focus on his academics and so forth. I was (and am still) very devastated. However, I understood that I had no choice in the matter but to let him go. I didn't want to break up at all so this has been really hard on me. I have been really trying to heal. But, for the past few days he has been sending me instant messages asking after me. Initially I replied then held conversations with him. Later on, I got frustrated because he was acting like nothing happened. Meanwhile my heart lay shattered, and he's interferring with my healing process. I asked him why he was continuing to talk with me when he wanted a break from me in the first place. He said that there was nothing wrong to talk with me. Argh! What does this guy want from me?
    [/QUO\\ Something doesn't sound right, sounds to me he is sending you mixed messages. This needs tonow that its either all or nothing cause if not he will keep screwing with you heart.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Confusion! [ 2 Answers ]

I have been dating my girlfriend about a year now. We have been getting on great... we have just been on our first holiday and we have even started toi talk about marriage. Until last week, when she said she she was confused about her feelings for me. She started by saying she didn't think her...

F1-H1 confusion again! [ 1 Answers ]

IN this website http://www.thetaxguy.com/residency.htm The tax guy says... Dual-Status Aliens Note on page 7 of Publication 519 under Dual-Status Aliens that you could be both a nonresident alien and a resident alien in the same year. That means your tax return becomes more...

Confusion [ 3 Answers ]

I was on the depo shot for 6 years. I got off the shot in January 06. I received my period in 2/06 but this month I haven’t got my period yet. Last month it was over by the 12th. Should I be worried?

Confusion [ 2 Answers ]

My best friend says he misses me and wants to see me but he said he doesn't like me any and we've been friends for over 7 to 8 yrs.. straight and we did go out but it never worked. And I like him a lot... n we've never stopped being friends and I tell him how I feel about him and I don't know what...

View more questions Search