Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carltonshouse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2013, 01:03 AM
    Why do I keep replacing my blow motor resistor on my 06 honda accord
    I do have a 2006 honda accord ex and I have already replaced the blow motor resistor 3 times already.what is causing the resistor to be blown
    RickMN Posts: 244, Reputation: 52

Mar 21, 2013, 12:58 PM
    Repeat resistor failure is usually caused by a worn blower motor that's drawing too much current. If it has a cabin air filter, check that first to see if it's clogged. That can also cause the blower motor to draw too much current. Finally, clean the ground connections to the blower motor.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2013, 01:44 PM
    Remove the tabs on the inside of the glove compartment, lower the cover, and change the cabin filter. Sometimes, there are two filters--one is visible and the other is off to the right. Ensure the filter is installed properly (they are directional). This should solve the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1992 Honda Accord - replacing O2 sensor [ 1 Answers ]

Where is and how do I replace the O2 sensor on a 1992 Honda Accord EX?

Replacing 99 Honda Accord stereo system [ 3 Answers ]

I wanted to know the specifics how to replace the stereo system on my 99 Honda Accord. Any car master out here can help how to do it? I'll highly appreciates it! TIA!

Honda accord blower motor [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a problem. I cannot remove the blower motor housing on a 1990 honda accord. If anyone can give me a step-by- step . It would be greatly appreciated.

Replacing Ignition in 1992 Honda Accord LX [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to replace the ignition cylinder assembly in my 1992 Honda Accord LX, automatic. What is the trick to getting the old one out. I have the steering column disaasembled but I can't figure out how to actually remove the old cylinder. Any suggestios?

View more questions Search