Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamit Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 05:28 PM
    Charging Battery Craftsman
    Hi New to the site but i see things get answered I have an older craftsman rider and for some reason the batterys I have wont charge besides on the charger??They wont while on the tractor even tho the tractor runs great does anyone have an answer maybe?? Thnxs
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Mar 13, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Have you performed a voltage test to confirm what you have found? The charging systems are fairly light and require a long run time to recharge what it takes sometimes to crank. Should be 12-V not running and when you start it it should be 13-V (+)

Don
    jamit Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Reply to ? About charging
    I asked a?? About my crafstman rider not charging and then replyed to check volts while running and the volts running was 13.4 and while not running came up with 11.2 but still won't charge can you help??
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Mar 15, 2007, 10:10 PM
    That tells you the charging system is working and the battery is not good, again.
    Don
    cntrypop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2008, 08:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jamit
    Hi New to the site but i see things get answered I have an older craftsman rider and for some reason the batterys I have wont charge besides on the charger??They wont while on the tractor even tho the tractor runs great does anyone have an answer maybe?? Thnxs
    Battery won't charge on craftman tractor. Starts easy when boosted what the deal?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2008, 10:45 AM
    Check the voltage of the battery itself. Have the battery tested with a load tester.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford f150 charging problems [ 5 Answers ]

My f150 battery smells like eggs and will not hold a charge I replaced the battery and the att. Still over charges and battery goes dead over night both are new replaced 3 times now any ideas would be great drawing a blank on this one

Charging Batteries In Series [ 13 Answers ]

TK, Got a question. I have two 12 volt batteries in series that run a 24 volt scooter motor. What kind of a adapter do I have to have to charge two 12 volt batteries hooked in series? A 12 volt one or a 24 volt one? I charged the scooter last night with a 12.5volt/3amp. Adapter but this morning...

Charging Home Unit [ 2 Answers ]

On the gages which I have, are three scales... One in Black PSI), one in Green for R-22, and one in red for R-12 refrigerant. It was suggested that I add refrigerant till the suction side (LP) is about 55-60 PSI and the Head pressure is 150-175 psi. I did this and the unit is 'cooling' however is...

View more questions Search