Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paul2012s Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2012, 10:08 AM
    Upstairs heat - air is cold. Downstairs heat works (air hot)
    Two story house.
    When the heat kicks on downstairs, the outside furnace ignites, and hot air blows.
    When the heat kicks on upstairs, cold air blows (the outside furnace does not turn on).?

Is the upstairs thermostat starting the blower (heat pump?) in the attic but not sending a signal to the furnace outside?

-paul s

Check out some similar questions!

No heat or cold air coming through the vents downstairs. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2 story home with two separate units with two separate thermostats. The heat and cold air is blowing upstairs, but no heat and cold air blowing downstairs. I turn on the air conditioning on the downstairs level and it comes on outside with no air coming in on the downstairs level. No air...

When turn on the heat upstairs is too hot and downstairs is too cold [ 0 Answers ]

When turn on the heat, upstairs is too hot and downstairs is too cold. What to do?

No Heat Upstairs (separate heating zone from downstairs) [ 0 Answers ]

I am not getting heat upstairs when I turn my thermostat up. I don't hear anything when I turn it up. I do however get hot water. My first floor is heating just fine. Recently we had to have our water meter (inside the house) replaced as this was malfunctioning. We heat with oil and have baseboards.

What would cause a gas hot water furnace to heat the upstairs and not the downstairs [ 0 Answers ]

We have a gas hot water furnace with one themastat the furnce heat in the upstairs of the house it is actually to hot and the down stairs is freezing

Heat Pump-warm downstairs, cold upstairs [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: We moved in to our home in July and are beginning to run the heat. We noticed in the summer that it was much cooler upstairs than downstairs (very unusual, we thought)and the complete opposite in cold weather. When the heater is on downstairs, we can feel very warm air blowing from the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.