Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cheletha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2012, 11:59 AM
    1998 gmc envoy v6 4.3L
    Battery is good but no power at all to truck what could possibly be the problem.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2012, 12:34 PM
    . Test all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter.

. Remove and fully charge the battery, which most auto parts stores will do for free. They will also test batteries for free. Clean battery terminals and cable connections. Examine cables for hidden corrosion and breaks. My bet is that the battery is bad.
    RickMN Posts: 244, Reputation: 52

Sep 18, 2012, 01:43 PM
    Check the 175-amp mega fuse under the hood. Everything flows through that except starter. But starter won't engage if there's no power to ign switch.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 18, 2012, 08:29 PM
    Were there any recent repairs or events that could have damaged the electrical system?
    Battery replacement or jump starting can sometimes cause fuses to become open and result in total vehicle power failure.
    What other symptoms are you getting?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 GMC Envoy ignition switch problems [ 0 Answers ]

My key will not turn all the way off sometimes. I have to start the car back up and place it in drive and back to park before it will turn to the off position. Any solutions?

1998 gmc 1500 will not start. Ran fine yesterday. [ 8 Answers ]

1998 gmc 1500 will not start. Ran fine yesterday. Cranks over fast. Replaced fuel filter. Has spark at plugs. Checked fuses. Can not tell if fuel is flowing into the manifold.

2003 Envoy GMC, shifter in lock in between reverse and park, [ 1 Answers ]

2003 Envoy GMC, shifter in locked in between reverse and park, can someone tell me where to find the interlock devise. Can't start the car, shifter will not move. HELP.

Change thermostat in a 2003 GMC Envoy. [ 1 Answers ]

I need to change the thermostat in my 2003 GMC Enovy , could someone please describe the detail for this job.

Gmc Envoy turn signal [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2004 GMC Envoy, my left headlight recently went out and since I've had it replace my left turn signal only work when my headlights are off (during the day). Does anyone know what this could be?

View more questions Search