Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caitlyn0614 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2012, 09:04 AM
    Belly button ring irritation
    I got my belly button pierced about a month and half ago and its starting to get red and hurt. There isn't any puss coming out of it like I've see people talk about when it is infected. So is mine infected or just irritated. And what should I do about it? Thanks!
    mugger Posts: 191, Reputation: 26

Sep 26, 2012, 10:16 AM
    The downfall of navel piercings is the healing time is far longer than than the greatest majority of piercings. It can take some up to 9 months to a full year to completely heal. The reason for this is the navel is the body's pivot point. The navel piercing is also higher in rejection, or migration rates for the same reason. Basically, your body has something foreign in it and the natural defense of the body is to get rid of it.

With a repierce, your chances improve of retaining the piercing. Since you have had it before, you will have scar tissue where it was pierced prior. Scar tissue is tougher and can slow migration, but it is ultimately up to what your body intends to do with it. There are no guarantees. Some people just can't keep piercings. I wish you the best of luck. Always remember the number one rule of piercings- NEVER,EVER touch a piercing, unless you are cleaning it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My belly button ring won't come out! [ 3 Answers ]

I got my belly button pierced a while ago, in oct and now it's feb I have no clue how to get it off. I thought if I waited a while it wouldn't be so infected thus easier to take off but now it's really infected and the small ball won't budge. I've tried hot water to loosen it and rubber gloves, I...

Belly button ring [ 1 Answers ]

So I've had this belly button ring for almost a year now and it never fully healed. I mean sometimes it will be fine and not hurt or look weird but sometimes ill move weird and it'll start hurting again and it gets a little red then there will be something that looks like (I know its gross but I...

Belly button ring. [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, I'm 13 and I got my belly button pierced about 3 months ago, but my body started to push it out. So my mom told me to take it out and when its closed and everything she would take me to get it re-done... but I'm afraid that its going to hurt MORE now that the skin is all messed up. Will it...

New belly button ring [ 2 Answers ]

I just got my belly button pierced:) about 3 days ago but it is starting to hurt :( I don't know what to do it has a bruise around the top hole at least I think it is a bruise. It is red around the top hole but I have no dischage. The pain kind of feels like it is ripping inside my new piercing...

Belly button irritation [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, as of yesterday I notice a slight discomfort in my belly button. Today it hurts bad, it seems to pull on my stomach muscles when I sit down, get up of lift anything. Today I noticed a little crusty stuff and the area is inflamed and red. Would you have a clue as to what this is?

View more questions Search