Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newellboo Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2012, 10:43 AM
    Fuel injectors not working
    I have new fuel injectors that aren't working. I have 12 v to them and fuel pump is working fine. I have fuel to the injector rail. Are the injectors subject to timing in sequence to the pistons? If so (which would make sense) how do I test them and set them up right. It doesn't seem that they are opening at all. When I remove them and try ro start the car they don't work
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2012, 10:54 AM
    THe ECU does that... and its all controlled by sensors on other parts of the engine to determine when things are supposed to happen.
    RickMN Posts: 244, Reputation: 52

Sep 7, 2012, 11:14 AM
    PCM gets timing signals from crankshaft position sensor and camshaft position sensor. As you see, the injectors get power full time. The PCM is what provides ground to each injector. And it's not full time ground, it's PULSED ground. The amount of on/off time determines how much fuel gets sprayed out.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2012, 12:47 PM
    . Check all under dash and under hood fuses with a test light or multimeter.

. Install a new genuine Honda distributor housing. The CKP and Camshaft Position Sensor in the current distributor may be bad.

. Check/replace the PGM-FI Main Relay. The Main Relay actually contains two individual relays. One relay is energized whenever the ignition is on, which supplies battery voltage to the ECM, power to the fuel injectors, and power for the second relay. The second relay is energized for 2 seconds when the ignition is switched on, and when the engine is running which supplies power to the fuel pump.

. Ensure the MAP Sensor is hooked up properly.

Sep 7, 2012, 08:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGreaseMonkey View Post
    . Check all under dash and under hood fuses with a test light or multimeter.

. Install a new genuine Honda distributor housing. The CKP and Camshaft Position Sensor in the current distributor may be bad.

. Check/replace the PGM-FI Main Relay. The Main Relay actually contains two individual relays. One relay is energized whenever the ignition is on, which supplies battery voltage to the ECM, power to the fuel injectors, and power for the second relay. The second relay is energized for 2 seconds when the ignition is switched on, and when the engine is running which supplies power to the fuel pump.

. Ensure the MAP Sensor is hooked up properly.
    Main relay is working. Tried doing some research, injector resistor box is connected in harness but according to what I've read box isn't used in 92 engines since injectors are saturated and not peak and hold like 88-91 civics.
    This is a engine swap vehicle so its messy. Any info. Should this box taken out of the loop

Sep 7, 2012, 08:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMN View Post
    PCM gets timing signals from crankshaft position sensor and camshaft position sensor. As you see, the injectors get power full time. The PCM is what provides ground to each injector. And it's not full time ground, it's PULSED ground. The amount of on/off time determines how much fuel gets sprayed out.
    So if the distributor housing sensors--cam and crank aren't working then injectors won't spray? I replaced whole distributor housing and all but not geniune honda. Could this be the problem? New injectors were also used. There is a injector resistor box in harness.. but this shouldn't be there since injectors are saturated and not peak and hold for 92 civic engine. This was a engine swap vehicle I just bought. 91 car with a 92 swap. Info says box was only used for 88-91 civics. Any thoughts on this. Thanks for your help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should there be fuel at the fuel injectors at all time on a 1993 toyota carolla [ 2 Answers ]

There should be fuel at pressure at the fuel rail when the key on engine off if I am not mistaken? On a 1993 toyota carolla. But I do get pressure when cranking, fuel filter pluged?

A 1994 chevy 1500 4.3 ran fine then lost fuel at the injectors. Got fuel won't start [ 2 Answers ]

Truck cutoff suddenly, lost fuel at the injectors. Put in new fuel pump, no fuel at injectors, put in new cpu, no fuel still, put in new module in distributer, got fuel at the injectors but now truck won't start, engine is in time and I have fire. Any answers please help

1996 cavalier and fuel is not getting to fuel injectors. What would be the problem. [ 1 Answers ]

Our car won't start and we have replaced the heads and new plugs. We have changed the oil and filter. Replaced all our gaskets. We are getting fuel to the fuel pump but not to the fuel injectors. We need to know what to do to get the fuel to the injectors?

View more questions Search