Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    motherof3yal Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2012, 08:42 AM
    Strange 'spells' in my 6mo daughter!
    My 6 month old daughter about 3 weeks ago started to have these 'spells' when the first one happened, I went to put her in the bathtub. She went off into some sort of trance like a stare at the ceiling, then stiffened up and all around her mouth turned blue! She was not breathing at all nor responding! What insstantly popped in my mind was a seizure. My little sister that's 21 yrs of age has seizures. We called an ambulance here in our local town and they ran a cat scan took blood and everything came back normal.
    She wasn't sick nor running a temp before all this happened. About a day later she ran a low grade fever. They ruled it out to be a 'Febrile seizure'
    She had another 'spell' this past Saturday. She wasn't running a fever at all and we took her to children's in OKC. They asked about her first time and ruled it out to be a febrile seizure... I don't agree she wasn't nor still hasn't ran a fever at all... im waiting for the neurologist to call me with her appointment BUT I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS HAD A CHILD DO THIS AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2012, 08:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by motherof3yal View Post
    My 6 month old daughter about 3 weeks ago started to have these 'spells' when the first one happened, I went to put her in the bathtub. She went off into some sort of trance like a stare at the ceiling, then stiffened up and all around her mouth turned blue! She was not breathing at all nor responding! what insstantly popped in my mind was a seizure. my little sister thats 21 yrs of age has seizures. we called an ambulance here in our local town and they ran a cat scan took blood and everything came back normal.
    she wasnt sick nor running a temp before all this happened. about a day later she ran a low grade fever. they ruled it out to be a 'Febrile seizure'
    she had another 'spell' this past saturday. she wasnt running a fever at all and we took her to childrens in OKC. they asked about her first time and ruled it out to be a febrile seizure...I dont agree she wasnt nor still hasnt ran a fever at all...im waiting for the neurologist to call me with her appointment BUT I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS HAD A CHILD DO THIS AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE?

There are other problems in your house - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/childr...mp-624920.html

Is it a possibility that your daughter's seizures are somehow related to the conduct of her brother?

My friend's child had numerous seizures which had no label - at one point, yes, the Physicians said febrile seizures. The child is autistic and no one has ever said 100% if there is a connection between the seizure activity and her autism.

Aug 14, 2012, 09:11 AM
    Omgsh!! I don't think her seizures are related to her brother... I've never heard of anything like that. The thought of autism scares me to death. She's so perfect and has been so normal! (normal delivery, fullterm baby) and she's never convulsed or had a seizure as my sister would. She's just stopped breathing and around her mouth has turnned blue.. my mother said us girls as little children wet the bed until we were six so give it time and he will over come it.. I know I may sound a little crazy when I say this, but our house has paranormal activity in it... we've gone as far as having the Oklahoma Paranormal research investigators come out... these things with her are so unexplainable and now with my 2 year old son.. call me crazy... but just be put in my shoes for a day..
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2012, 09:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by motherof3yal View Post
    omgsh!!!! i dont think her seizures are related to her brother...i've never heard of anything like that. The thought of autism scares me to death. shes so perfect and has been so normal! (normal delivery, fullterm baby) and shes never convulsed or had a seizure as my sister would. shes just stopped breathing and around her mouth has turnned blue.. my mother said us girls as little children wet the bed until we were six so give it time and he will over come it.. I know i may sound a little crazy when i say this, but our house has paranormal activity in it... we've gone as far as having the Oklahoma Paranormal research investigators come out...these things with her are so unexplainable and now with my 2 year old son..call me crazy... but just be put in my shoes for a day..

I don't see anybody calling you crazy, and I don't see the need for attitude "... but just be in my shoes for a day."

If there are paranormal activities in your house, your 7-year old is acting out (and I'm not talking about bedwetting), your daughter is having seizures for an unknown reason - maybe you need to move to protect your family.

You never mentioned the paranormal aspect before. I think if you believe in paranormal activities you need to protect your children.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 14, 2012, 09:19 AM
    She even used the term "spell" in the title, not illness not attack but spell.

Aug 14, 2012, 09:26 AM
    I'm sorry... I don't have an attitude with you. I know that not just you are going to answer my question (I hop) and I know there tend to be people that have attitudes and (smartasses) not aimed at you.
    But I didn't have an attitude with that statement...
    I never asked for all this (paranormal) stuff to happen.. im trying to figure out what alls happening right now and then see where to go from there. My 2 yr old 2 nights ago has his little remote control truck... it has he wire on top of it. Well the wire was bent over that way it wouldn't poke anyone... anyway, my 7 yr old said he walked into their room and I have my daughters portable closet in there as well and he said (my 7 yro) when he walked in there my 2 yro fell out of the closet and had that wire stuck in one side of his arm and out the other! He was not crying at all and my 2 yro son cries over less than that! I was freaking out! His dad had to pull out the wire it was unexplainable!
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2012, 09:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post

I saw that a little late in the game -

Aug 14, 2012, 09:31 AM
    I said 'SPELL' because I don't want to say seizure if she's not having them!! What the heck does your answer even mean or solve? I don't believe in the paranormal.. God says when you die you are conscious of NOTHING AT ALL until he comes back! I wanted answers for what I was hearing ( not by choice) not wanting to hear these things!! So I don't think your answer is relevant.. Its not an illness either or attack... she wasn't convulsing like I said! She just goes off into a stare and around her mouth turns blue... Im not going to call it something its NOT!! I was wondering if anyone elses' child has had this happen to them..

Aug 14, 2012, 09:35 AM
    REALLY? You guys don't be ignorant! What does the word SPELL have anything to do with anything?? I'm not a damn witch... my daughter has something going on... im not sure if its an illness, attack, seizure, so what's the next logical thing to say??
    We are from different areas and use different words.. don't be so judgemental! I came here for help and answers not to be bashed and talked to like a fool!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 14, 2012, 09:43 AM
    "we've gone as far as having the Oklahoma Paranormal research investigators come out."

You do or don't believe in the paranormal and that this may be part of what is going on.

Aug 14, 2012, 10:12 AM
    I don't NOW! When all this stuff started happening I got online and researched everything I could about my house and what my son could be encountering and me as well... I was willing to try anything and everything to figure out what was going on calling the OKPRI was my last and final resort. After having them out here they said there was something in our house.. I turned to a church for answers AFTER we called OKPRI. But I just threw in the paranormal thing in case this situation had happened to anyone else... Im focused on my daughter... not everyone's criticism.. I do believe the devil can posses but these have been minor things and don't seem demonic.. I figured someone somewhere has encountered this and can help me...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 14, 2012, 10:19 AM
    Can you summarize your son's behavior into a short list, please?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 14, 2012, 10:20 AM
    And most paranormal is very subtle not like TV possessions. As one who has seen things go flying across the room, My books were on my desk and I and my wife, say them just fly across the room by theirself, We have smelled things that just appeared in a room and saw all sorts of things.

Now I have seen the extreme side of it, somewhat like the movie versions, but most where just minor things that happen.
    And I fully believe that many physical and common called illness can often have a paranormal root to them.

The first thing is do you have additional appointments set up for your child to have more tests done. Have they recommended any emergancy treatment if he stops breathing again.
    There are nervous system and brain injury issues that can cause this, but all would need to be tested for.

Aug 14, 2012, 10:21 AM
    I don't believe NOW! I was seeking answers anyway I could for m son who was hearing and seeing things out of his own will! I contacted them to just SEE what and if they could hear anything.. I turned to my parents' church and found the truth... although I do not believe in Ghosts or people coming from the dead and haunting folks, I do believe the devil can posses himself to be anyone nything to get people to believe in him.. I know there ar demonic forces out there. I was just throwing in that info along with my daughter... sorry I repeated myself I didn't see that my other one had posted up..

Aug 14, 2012, 10:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Can you summarize your son's behavior into a short list, please?
    My 7 yr constantly acts out, wets the bed, runs aound like an animal literally on his hands and feet.. I know y'all are going to say all moms say this about their children but he's smart! A very very smart and bright child in school.. he helps others and is such a bright student. Its when he's home..

Aug 14, 2012, 10:30 AM
    And most paranormal is very subtle not like TV possessions. As one who has seen things go flying accross the room, My books were on my desk and I and my wife, say them just fly accross the room by theirself, We have smelled things that just appeared in a room and saw all sorts of things.

Now I have seen the extreme side of it, somewhat like the movie versions, but most where just minor things that happen.
    And I fully believe that many physical and common called illness can often have a paranormal root to them.

The first thing is do you have additional appointments set up for your child to have more tests done. Have they recommended any emergancy treatment if he stops breathing again.
    There are nervous system and brain injury issues that can cause this, but all would need to be tested for.
    This is happening in my 6 month old daughter... this past Saturday was her recent let me say 'happening' where she went off into a stare was not responding and her mouth turned blue... we immediately took her to children's... I called her doctor on Monday and she referred us to a nuerologist. I'm waiting on her to call to give us a time and date for all her tests to be done. I seen where KATHY said something about autism... do you think this could be? I see no signs of autism at all she's perfectly healthy besides these recent things she's been going through
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 14, 2012, 10:53 AM
    Your daughter's problems don't sound like autism to me. Does your son behave in a normal way when not at home?

Aug 14, 2012, 10:57 AM
    Yes, when we are out in a public place he listens a bit but sometimes lashes out... he's gotten to where if I tell him he can't get anything from the store like a toy because they have a million he will yell at me and say he wants it! Its just a toy! And he's not ever done this... he is 7 and his biological father is not in the picture he was when dylan was younger but not now and dylan knows this and he still sees his biological fathers mother and he spent most of the summer with her in Texas and I asked him if he had seen his father and he said no and he knew I was at my grandmas is what he told me... I don't know if him not seeing his biological father has anything to do with him lashing out and bed wetting or not
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 14, 2012, 10:58 AM
    Sounds very much like seizure disorder to me. A body doesn't have to shake and jerk to have a seizure.

Aug 14, 2012, 11:01 AM
    Thank you! I am waiting on the nuerologist to call us back for her appointment

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask about spells [ 2 Answers ]

I work in a hospital. Underneath the back steps we found a white round dish. In it were 3 whole coconuts, each with a black line around the circumference. One end of one coconut was burned. There was a candle holder in the middle, and in it was a partly burned white candle. There were other...

Salt water pool in-grond nellected for 6mo. Scale of sorts? [ 2 Answers ]

My e-mail >Removed< Robert How do I move the ph or alkainty dose eny one have a scale to follow

After 6mo. Of trying to "modify" our loan, they are now foreclosing on us? [ 2 Answers ]

I lost my job last May, and as soon as I did I called the our lender to apply for a loan modification, we filled out all the paperwork, and after 8 weeks called back they said they " LOST IT ALL" and had to re-apply.. so we did, they said to send what I could to keep it out of foreclosure and so we...

6mo Maltese Puppy training issues [ 5 Answers ]

I am almost banging my head against the wall over my purebred male, neutered Maltese who is 6 months old. I got him 6 weeks ago and he was already toilet trained. Since it rained about 10 days ago, he is now scared of the garden/grass - won't go anywhere near it even if you put treats/toys etc....

6mo old cockapoo will not poop outside [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My 6mo old cockapoo who is very , hypa will not poop outside.We could be out for 2 hours, and 5 minutes after we come in he poops in the house.He just started to pee out side in the last month, and lets us know when he has to go out to pee,but not poop.We have saved poops and brought them...

View more questions Search