Ask
    kay95 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 08:17 PM
    Who can change your pd
    Why would the courts change a pd with out cause?:confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 1, 2007, 08:29 PM
    Depends not much info, First can I "assume" PD is public defender, not a police department.

Next how is your public defender assigned, are they paid though a real public defenders office, or are they merely local attorneys who are forced to do some cases for free.

In public defenders office, is it not uncommom to get assigned to a pool and have different attorneys at varoius hearings, not keeping the same one though your entire case.

As for the other, perhaps they were busy, or some other issue.
    kay95 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 08:49 PM
    Sorry it was public defender He is att. Who used to be a deputy prosecuter before he was att .local att. Who just got his case .im sorry it took me so long to write back not used to typing my son got 23years in prison for his first adult offense he was 18years old now he is 21 but he is mental retardation and his att. Had him to plead guilty and ple bargin which was not much of one I just didn't know if the could change your att some one at the court house ask if it was conflict of interest. It wasn't because he didn't get to talk to him but because my son is M/R we told the att. We wanted to be at the hearing .
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 1, 2007, 09:01 PM
    Merely being retarded, unless the court has ruled him not capable of knowing the right and wrong of his actions, is not a defense, and as a adult, while you wanted to be there, there is no legal requirement to have you their, unless you had him declared not able to take care of hisself and was appointed prior to court his guardian.

And often when smaller areas don't have real Public defenders groups, they force the local attorneys to take free cases because they trial cases in that court.

It may be that the firm your other attorney worked for had some connection to the victim or toher issue.

Normally you can't appeal just losing, and good and bad defense depends on the few point of it. ( and what evidence was available)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change os [ 1 Answers ]

I have a laptop that I would like to change win98se to xp what is the procedure

Name change [ 1 Answers ]

How can I legally change my child's name?

The Change [ 3 Answers ]

I wanted to know if someone could inform me on the laws the pertain to changing ownership of residencial leasing property. Is is not a requirement to inform the current tenants of the change? If tenant are no informed are they legally bond to that agreement, although they didn't sign agreement with...

Need a change... [ 6 Answers ]

I am feeling so fed up lately, don't feel like I am living at all - only existing. I know the path I am currently following is all wrong. It was a good escape from my last job; but now I can see that I need to change course and venture down a new path. There are opportunities waiting fro me, but...

Name Change? First Name [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to change my first name. I can't find anything in Tennessee law about changing your first name. It is stated as name. I assume it is the same as both. I really don't want to change my name but the spelling of my first name. As I said I live in Tennessee. Can anyone point me in the right...

View more questions Search