Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vikingousa45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2012, 11:24 AM
    Break an apartment lease in Florida
    I got to break my apartment lease because I can't afford no more due to my unenployment situation , how much I have to pay?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 18, 2012, 11:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingousa45 View Post
    I got to break my aparment lease because I can't afford no more due to my unenployment situation , how much i have to pay?
    Up to the full amount of the lease until they can find a new renter...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 18, 2012, 12:39 PM
    Fl is the worst state in the US to try and do this, the landlord is under no obligation to even try and rent it out, You are liable to pay the rent, till they get a new renter.
    LILL Posts: 212, Reputation: 15

May 18, 2012, 01:42 PM
    Unless your lease states otherwise, you are legally obligated for the full duration of the lease.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 18, 2012, 01:53 PM
    Try to negotiate a buyout, usually two months. Or sublet, or get a roommate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking a lease on an apartment in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

I just rented an apartment a month ago and my wife just lost her job and to top that my business is been making no money! We are thinking on moving with one of our children until thing get better but we are afraid of the consecuences ofbraking this lease. We just moved in!

Break Lease for apartment in SC [ 2 Answers ]

Rented an apartment because my husband and I separated... had to get out quick. Several reasons I need to break the lease--money, bad neighbors, etc. I live in SC, what can I do?

Florida landlord tenant lease. Can I break lease if I [ 3 Answers ]

So everything according to the lease but have tomove out before lease renewal date due to illness? I am disabled in an disabled apartment but my new medical problem gives cause for me to live in a gated, age appropriate setting. My doctor has written a letter stating I must move as soon as the...

Broken Apartment Lease in Florida [ 4 Answers ]

Almost three years ago I was laid off by my long term employer. I was unable to find another suitable position for many months and as such found it extremely difficult to pay my rent each month. I notified the apartment complex of my situation and was told it was not their problem and that unless...

Breaking up Apartment Lease Early from Florida because of Job Relocation [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I rented my Apt in Aug 2007, I am on 1 yr Lease, got Lay off start of Nov & searching for jobs, I got some offers out of State & area, which are very good, what r my choices to break the lease. I called the office and they said I have to give 60 days Notice, or 2 months Rent, Plus 1 month...

View more questions Search