Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amysand68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2012, 10:16 AM
    Weight
    Hello to the community!

I'm really hoping you can help me. I'm 43 years old and am a mother of 4. I am tall (thankfully) at 5'11, but I weigh about 340 pounds. I'm so incredibly ashamed of myself. I absolutely hate what I see in the mirror. I am blessed to have a wonderfully supportive husband (who thinks I'm beautiful) and family. I just hate feeling like I don't fit in to anything. I want desperately to lose weight, and will do whatever it takes to be successful. I recently had some problems with my knees and am in a lot of pain, which makes exercise practically impossible. I am way past the excuses and don't want any sympathy. I'm just having such a difficult time getting a momentum going, and would love to hear from those who have been where I am and have hit their stride with something that works for them. I just want to feel what it's like to be successful in something as huge as my weight loss. Thanks to all of you, God bless!
    love4nature3 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2012, 03:50 PM
    1) you could try the weight watchers diet I don't know if it works but its worth a shot
    2) if you watch TV during commercialsrun/walk in place
    3) go on a walk/ run anytime that you have to spare
    Unless you have a tredmil,step climber,etc.
    4) if you live near a gym and are willing to pay money for a membership that could work
    5)eat lots of vegetables in place of junk food, celery is a good place to start it helps you lose more than you gain from it and cucumbers really help fill you up
    6) this takes a lot of motivation which anyone who is willing to do something about there weight has
    I hope this helps I know someone who is going through this problem as well and they are setting small goals of 1 pound a week.
    GOOD LUCK
    Chardel Posts: 93, Reputation: 13

May 9, 2012, 05:12 PM
    Getting a gym, if you can afford it with four children, membership might help. The best kind of exercise for you would be in a pool, your weight is supported by the water and this will take the stress off your knees. If you are like me and have children who absolutely insist on eating every day, and can't pull off a membership to anything, then you could try doing some floor exercises, there are some great pilates and yoga moves that won't stress your joints but still give you a good tone.
    As for the whole weight loss thing well if you find a good way to do it this side of becoming anorexic I would like to know too. I do know that medication can play a big part in how you metabolize food, Talk to your doctor or pharmacist about this kind of thing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 9, 2012, 10:54 PM
    Photos or mirrors on the fridge and food areas. You have to wake up to wanting it.

Next all junk foods and all bad foods out of the house, start cooking with real foods ( if you don't) less prepared foods, more veggies.

Get with your doctor and find a exercise program.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much good fats can I eat a day in order to keep my weight or lose weight? [ 2 Answers ]

I lost 4kg with a 21 day sugar/carb free diet to break my sugar addiction. After that I've kept really healthy and off sugar and carbs but sometimes I get so hungry like today, I ate 250gr of nuts which have 1200 kcal plus 5 tablespoons full of coconut oil plus 1 1/2 avocados, eggs, chicken and...

Cardio vs weight training-which is more effective for quick weight loss? [ 4 Answers ]

I know most everyone makes a big deal about the "fat burning" cardio, but I also know that having a high % of lean muscle bumps up the metabolism, and burns fat faster. If you're working out hard with the weights, you are getting the old heart pumping too. What would be a good regimen for someone...

I want to gain some weight my current weight is50kgs and height is 168cms [ 1 Answers ]

I am 24 yrs old and my weight is 50kgs and height 168cms. Can you please suggest me the food to gain weight.

Weight: amt of matter in object is weight. True or false [ 8 Answers ]

Is the answer false because that is mass

View more questions Search