Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foxy lady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 09:46 AM
    Banks taking money out of your account
    Can a bank take money out of your bank account to pay your credit card with out your permission
    landlord advocate Posts: 283, Reputation: 36

Feb 22, 2007, 10:44 AM
    Are there details you are not sharing? Is the credit card from the same bank as your account? Are you sure you didn't sign an auto withdrawal or that an auto withdrawal was a condition of giving you the credit card? Could you be banking on line and accidentally clicked the bar asking for an auto payment each month?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 22, 2007, 12:26 PM
    No they can't. However you may have given them permission. If the card was issued by the bank, there might be a clause in the contract that permits them to take late payments from your bank accounts. Or you may have signed up for an auto debit. Have you asked the bank why the money was taken out?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Hello foxy:

Of course, you could have been sued by the credit card company, and lost. Then the bank will give it ALL to the credit card company...

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank taking money from b. Account [ 3 Answers ]

We were recently brought to the attention of a 11 year old debt through our bank.They could give us no hard proof of this debt being ours. The simple fact is we did borrow money from them and is was not that much. Our files were stolen and we received a paper stating that our debt had been forgiven...

Money taken from my checking account without notification [ 1 Answers ]

I had a credit card a few years ago that went into collections. I attempted a few times to make payment arrangements with this company but the company always refused my offer. After at least a year going by I finally received papers stating that the credit card company turned the account over to an...

Banks garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

I open a checking account not a line of credit with a bank and someone order student visa under my account info and ran it up to over ten thousand dollar. Currently, I am disputing it because one I didn't do it. My question is, since the debt is so much can they garnish my income tax? Also, the...

Taking money out of my 401k [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question hopefully you can help. I worked for United Parcel Service for about 4 years. I no longer work for them anymore. How do you think I can go about getting my money out of there 401k. I know about penalties and risks. But do you think I can be intitled to getting that money that I've...

View more questions Search