Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danny11B Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2012, 07:21 AM
    Why won't my 07 chevy 1500 start? Not throwing a check engine light or starter click.
    I got good power. No check engine light. No starter click. I can hear the fuel pump and there's a lock light on the dash but goes off soon after the key is turned? Fuses in cab and engine comp are good.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2012, 07:31 AM
    . Check for "soft" codes, which may tip you off to the problem.

. Hopefully, you checked all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter.

. Ensure battery is fully charged. Most auto parts stores will do this for free.

. Ensure there's enough gas in the tank.

. Check for spark. Focus on the Crankshaft Position Sensor and Camshaft Position Sensor, if the problem persists.
    danny11B Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2012, 07:44 AM
    Why won't my 07 chevy 1500 start? Not throwing a check engine light or starter click.
    I got good power. No check engine light. No starter click. I can hear the fuel pump and there's a lock light on the dash but goes off soon after the key is turned? Fuses in cab and engine comp are good. Truck will not even turn over... could the problem be in the steering column? Is there a way to use the paperclip method to check for codes or does that only work with a check engine light?
    RickMN Posts: 244, Reputation: 52

Feb 22, 2012, 06:05 PM
    Sounds like the classic GM ignition switch failure. Test the terminals for power in start position.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Check engine light in a 1999 chevy cavalier? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 99 cav and the check engine and ets off light went on this morning. What does this mean and what do I need to do to fix it?

I have a 99 chevy cavalier the check engine lighten and ets off light is also on. [ 2 Answers ]

When the car is driven for an extended amount of time is when the ets off light comes on. The bucks and carries on when you get on the gas and the light comes on the, The check engine light doesn't go out at all. I thought the ets had to do with the traction control. I am at a lost

97 Chevy Pickup 1500 with 5.7 L engine - won't start - changed starter 3x, What Next? [ 2 Answers ]

This 97 Chevy truck- 1500 4x4 with 5.7L Vortec, was running fine after installing a new starter, then after driving it only about 7 miles, I brought it in the garage, tried to start it again to move it forward - just kept getting the same clicking I got before I replaced the starter. Returned...

Check engine light 1998 chevy cavalier p1133 [ 1 Answers ]

p1133 manufacturer control fuel air metering

View more questions Search