Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NatashaRoy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 02:33 PM
    Losing baby weight
    My son is just over a year old and I am pregnant again, which we are excited about. I didn't lose all the baby weight around my tummy. I'm about 3-5 pounds heavier now than I was before I had my son. After I have our second child, is it going to be a challenge to lose the extra weight around my middle, or should it just come off with some regular exercise?
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2007, 03:27 PM
    3-5 pounds isn't bad at all, for having carried around a baby for 9 months. Good job on doing as well as you did! As far as how easy it will be to lose baby weight second time around, it really depends on each individual woman. Some women seem to have no problems losing weight right after baby is born. Other women it takes a little more work, and for some it's a darn right challenge. One thing you should always keep in mind, if it doesn't come right off, don't be angry with your body or yourself. Your body just did an important, and demanding job, bringing baby into the world. It may need time to bounce back, and that's OK. Your metabolism plays a big part in this as well. If you breast feed your baby, the weight will almost always disappear faster then if you don't. (one of themany benefits to mommy and baby, of breastfeeding) Regular exercise-after the doctor approves you physically ready- can also help you lose the weight quickly.(going for walks with son in the stroller and new baby in a front carrier is a good way to lose the weight, without strenuous exercise, and still being able to spend time with your little ones) you can use your previous post-baby weight loss as a guide. However, as your muscles are a little more lax and stretched this time around, it may take longer, or it may be the same. A healthy diet is also key. Quality is more important then quantity they say. A combination of these tools can help your body get back to its pre-baby shape faster. Remember to have a good attitude about your body. Even if its not in the shape you want it to be in, being happy and proud of what your body has just accomplished will help the weight drop faster, as a bad body image and stress can add on pounds. (I'm also on my second baby, so we'll both be finding out if our bodies bounce back the way we want them too) congrats on the baby on the way, and good luck. Hope this helped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I tone up without losing weight [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to tone up without losing weight? I'm 5'4 150lbs and very happy with my weight but I really need to tone up and get ride of my belly so I recently join a gym but I Don't want to lose any weight. Is that impossible?

Please Help Losing Weight Rapidly [ 3 Answers ]

My family member has a 7 yr old indoor rottweiler and he has begun to lose weight rapidly and stopped eating. As of one month ago he was a seemingly healthy dog, a little over weight and lazy. I would say he has lost 25lbs in about 1 month. There is also a large bump on the top of his head,...

Losing too much weight! [ 4 Answers ]

Ive always been a skinny girl, like most in my family. Ive had two children which was the only times Ive ever gained weight. I love to eat, but never gain a pound, which is good, but normaly Im a size 5, pretty small. Now Im going down to a size 3 which I haven't been since middle school and Im now...

Losing weight [ 2 Answers ]

In school, my health teacher is talking about us losing weight and healthfully and my mom was skinnier than me when she was my age I'm in 7th grd and my mom was 80-90 lbs and I'm different I'm 110-112lbs and I'm average but I'm skinny a lot of people say I'm skinny I'm always on the computer,...

View more questions Search