Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wallabee4 Posts: 294, Reputation: 19

Jan 9, 2012, 03:51 PM
    What things go into the cost of operating a municipal swimming pool?
    The pool has no food vending, just lifeguard staff, usual pool equipment, in good repair, 60 ft pool, 12 feet deep, one dive board. 3 toilet stalls, 3 showers, locker room for each male/female side. 2 lifeguards and 2 front desk attendants at a time during public swim, swim lessons to public 45 min each twice a day from 10am-noon for total of 20 days season (4 teachers and 1 guard on during lessons, dual session held for for 4 weeks). Public pays fee for lessons and swimming. Open from 1pm to 6pm M-Sat except lesson days open at 10am.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 9, 2012, 04:06 PM
    Salaries, maintenance and insurance would be the primary costs. Many municipal pools have a separate property tax levy for homeowners in the district.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 10, 2012, 01:20 PM
    I would add:

Utilities - electricity for running the equipment will be pretty major, especially if this is a heated pool. Also water and sewage.
    Administration fees - accounting, billing, payroll, supervision.
    Capital expenditures for major repairs and refurbishments.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Swimming pool [ 1 Answers ]

What is a temporary swimming pool? I have a above the ground pool, that a taken down each year. The city say it is not a temporary pool. 18ft across

Swimming pool power [ 0 Answers ]

To extend electric power outside from atic or basement, can I use a junction box with GFCI Outlet in it then through Conduit under ground to post 6 feet from pool with twist-lock outlet. Or do I need to use an LB connection then to GFCI Outlet Box.

Electricity in my swimming pool [ 9 Answers ]

When you are standing in my in ground swimming pool, and your hands are wet, and you touch the hand rail you feel a mild shock. When you stand in my swimming pool and put your tongue on the handrail it resembles putting your tongue on a nine volt battery. There is another handrail in the deep end...

Swimming Pool [ 1 Answers ]

I am building a peanut shaped pool 20x40 (3-8ft.) with a water fall in the middle and 4 deck jets. Two in each corner. Iam thing 2 skimmers and 4 returns? Also I would need an auto water leveler and suction for cleaning system. Looking for a drawing on how to plumb. There is no heater or spa. 2...

View more questions Search