Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovebug2011 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2012, 05:42 PM
    Should I worry...
    I am 7 weeks pregnant and I was told my yolk sac is enlarged its at 7 and my baby has a strong heart beat it was 159it beats per min! I know the large yolk sac is a sign I might miscarry! Has this happens to anyone else and what happened will my unborn baby be OK
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2012, 06:29 PM
    Hi lovebug2011,

While an enlarged sac (at 7mm, yours is slightly above the norm) can be a possible indication that the pregnancy will not continue, plenty of women go onto have healthy babies. Did your doctor say when you will have another ultrasound?

Jan 8, 2012, 06:36 PM
    I have another one on the 24th of January! My baby has a strong heart beat is that a good sign?

Jan 8, 2012, 06:55 PM
    What's the normal size if a yolk sac?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2012, 03:09 PM
    Usually the yolk sac is less than 6mm. A strong heart beat is always a good sign. It is hard to wait, but you will have a clearer idea of the situation once you have the other ultrasound.

Fingers crossed for you that you have good news and some peace of mind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I worry? [ 2 Answers ]

I bled after intorcource... and I hd been off my period for a good week now... so what is the couse of my bleeding?

Is this something to worry about? [ 20 Answers ]

WARNING: If you have a weak stomach, you might not want to read. Well I'm a normal person (sometimes) I make good grades and I do sports. But lately I've notice that I put a lot of things in my mouth. Like sometimes my hand will be really dirty but without realizing I sometimes bite my nails...

Should I worry? [ 7 Answers ]

Why did my husband ask a single girl "who's the lucky guy"?

Should I worry? Or let it go? [ 4 Answers ]

I’m a 22 yo male and have been with my girlfriend for a little over a year. She is 22 also and has had only 2 previous partners before me. In the first 3-4 months I would say our intimacy was at a high. We would have sex regularly almost 3-4 times a day and things went well. One problem is the here...

Help! Should I worry? [ 1 Answers ]

I need some help... My LMP was May 1st, I have a 28 day cycle, I had some spotting on the 24th of May, which last only 1/2 a day, I was supposed to get my period on Sunday 29 May, but I still haven't gotten a period yet... For the last 2 weeks, I have been hacking up a lot, I mean constantly...

View more questions Search