Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simple312 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2011, 01:21 AM
    My girlfriend lied, what do I do?
    When I first started dating my girlfriend 3 months ago, I asked how many boyfriends she has had. She said 1. I accepted it and went out with her.

Later on I got suspicious because she was always a bit quiet at times, she left her phone on the table so I read it and it says she had been on video call and chat, 4 times with her ex. I was beyond heartbroken. I confronted her and she denied it... She lied, but I said I saw it on her phone.

I forgive her.

So fast forward 1 and a half months and I get suspicious that some guy likes lots of her fb photo's. I ask if she has ever dated him, she says no, just dates, nothing happened.

Then she admitted 2 days ago they met at a party, had sex on the first date and slept together for a few months.

I was crying this time. My heart is taking a beating from the lies. I can understand if she slept with people before me, but why lie?

I asked her why she lied and she said she didn't want me to think she slept around and she lied so I would like her.

We've talked about it and fixed it, but it still hurts,

She texts me things like:

'Baby don't let me fall deep as well if you'll intend to let me go loveyou baby'

The guy text her a few days ago and she says she told him to go away and also she deleted his number.

I asked would she change her mobile number and she did it without question.

What do I do ?
    Letsmakelove Posts: 21, Reputation: -2

Dec 30, 2011, 08:57 AM
    Welp I would go with her almost every where you never know she could've told him to meet her some wher and she will give him the number there so they can interact on there phones again with out you knowing or DUMP HER and get someone NEW
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 30, 2011, 10:44 AM
    You stop worrying about the past first. Does not matter if she was with 100 boyfriends, her past is her past.

You were wrong in even asking her how many boyfriends, don't ever do that again, if she wants to tell you about the past, OK, if not, she has no obligation to do so. Should tell you to mind your own business.

She should leave you for looking at her phone.
    Letsmakelove Posts: 21, Reputation: -2

Dec 30, 2011, 04:10 PM
    Dump her but fr chuck is right you don't just go around looking in you girlfriends past and phone that is so wrong she should dump you I know I would
    simple312 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2011, 04:19 PM
    She looks at my phone all the time, I've got nothing to hide. It's fine by me when she checks my phone
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2011, 06:41 PM
    You make a choice.

Without trust there is no relationship.

So you can either choose to trust her and STOP looking through her stuff, or you end the relationship.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2011, 07:48 PM
    That was an insecure, stupid question to begin with.

What girl wants a guy that doesn't trust her?

The past is the past. Don't judge a girl. Judge yourself first.

How many girls have you been with? Did she ask?

How about playing it cool from now on?

I think you already got your lesson. Hopefully.

talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 31, 2011, 07:48 AM
    You forgave her after all that she has done, so act like you meant it and build from now and forget the past.

Can you blame her for being secretive about the past, exes, or friends? If you cannot handle your own feelings you will never understand, and deal with the feelings of a partner.

Think before you act or speak, to avoid being impulsive, and wrong because you are hurt, angry, or confused.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2011, 08:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by simple312 View Post
    she looks at my phone all the time, i've got nothing to hide. it's fine by me when she checks my phone

This does NOT mean that it's okay with her when you check HER phone.

I couldn't live with your insecurities so I would be gone.

I don't know why where she's been, who she's been with IN THE PAST is so important to you. Maybe she realized what your reaction was going to be and so she lied just to avoid a confrontation - which she had anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've lied to my girlfriend but don't know why, what should I do? [ 5 Answers ]

Im 23 years old and have been with my girlfriend for nearly 4 years and we own a house together. About 4 or 5 months I had a call from a female friend who I have known for many many years, and I have kept in touch via text messages and calls every so often. I have no feelings other than friendship...

My Girlfriend Cheated/Lied to Me [ 4 Answers ]

Were both 15 years old and we were going out for almost 2 months. It was amazing. We both thought we were made for each other, and we loved each other so much. Whenever we were both free, we hanged out. Most of the time it was at her house alone. We cuddled, made out and all that stuff. Nothing...

He lied to me about having a girlfriend and now is avoiding me, WHY? [ 8 Answers ]

I was seeing this guy for about 3months, when I first met him I asked if he was involved with anyone; of course he told me no. So we started hanging out and really getting close to each other. One day I left him a v/m asking him to call me at work so he could drop something off at my job, he calls...

I have lied about evrything to my girlfriend . What should I do now? [ 5 Answers ]

I have lied about evrything to my girlfriend... I am in 12th standerd I am 20yrs old still in 12th standerd I know... it was due to sum problems.. I know it's a shame mayn... I have lied to my girl friend about my friend she is a girl... she was my ex girlfirend I wanst serious to her but I told...

Girlfriend lied about std [ 14 Answers ]

I have never posted anything on here before. But I am stressed out to my limit about something and I need a little advice and some listening ears. Here's the story. I have been dating my girlfriend for 6 months and am (was) convinced that she was the one that I wanted to spend the rest of my life...

View more questions Search