Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tammicca Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2011, 11:25 AM
    TTC/ Irregular Menstrual
    My doctor prescribed medroxyprogesterone starting on Sept 1st-10th. I was told to take them 10days a month to try to keep my cycles regular. The 1st month I started my cycle on the 10th n lasted for 4days. On the second month I came on twice once on the 10 -the 14th and again on the 24th. For the 3rd month I still took the pills the 1st-10th n didn't come on till the 24th. On the 3rd month and have 1 more day to take 1 pill and I already started spotting. My question is what time during my cycle should I be taking the medroxyprogestrone so that I don't have more than 1 cycle and can tell when I'm ovulating? Seems like when I'm suppose to b ovulating my cycle starts again..
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2011, 03:13 PM
    Hi Tammicca,

Has your doctor monitored how the progesterone has been working for you? It can take a few cycles to regulate, but it sometimes becomes necessary for a different medication to be used when one proves not to be effective. Ideally you would have a period a short time after you stop the last pill, but some women do find that they continue to have irregular bleeding still.

If you haven't already, I would contact your doctor for another appointment to go over what the experience has been so far and see if he wants you to continue as you have been or try something else.

Has it been determined that you are indeed ovulating, but just having irregular cycles?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irregular Menstrual Bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I am 56 years old and had vaginal bleeding two years ago and stopped. Now I had vaginal scanty bleeding for 3 days. Is that abnormal?

Need help with irregular menstrual cycle [ 0 Answers ]

My period began on Aug 31 and ended on Sept 5. It usually comes every 19 to 20 days. This time, it came on Sept 26 with spotting and then on the 27th and 28th, nothing. Dhould I be a little alarmed?

Trying to conceive and irregular [ 0 Answers ]

I had a regular period and now that we've been trying to have a baby its suddenly become irregular.why?

Trying to conceive [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my partner have been trying to conceive for 2 years and no luck! I'm 22 years old and relatively healthy! My periods are like clock work and I very rarely get Ill. I have been a dancer all my life, so perhaps at 5 ft 1 and weighing just over 7 stone my bmi is slightly below average? I have...

Irregular Menstrual [ 1 Answers ]

I am gayathri, I having spotting for past 8 day. I just got married in Feb 07. Can anyone help me.

View more questions Search