Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steveameyer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2011, 08:35 AM
    Blower will not turn off, a/c nor heater will turn on?
    Having an issue with "what I believe" is a YORK furnace in my home built by LANAR - mod# G8C 10020 MUD11A.
    Problem is that the blower (recently replaced 2 months ago), is now running continuously. Following the blower replacement by a service tech, I believe the unit was operating normally... but now, neither the A/C or the Furnace will cut on. Pulled the cover panel off the unit in the attic (hence the model number), and there is a circuit board with a continuous blinking RED light. From what I can only guess based on troubleshooting info posted on the panel, this "could be" a "TWINNING ERROR - INCORRECT 24V PHASING".

This is beyond my expertise, and will likely have to call for outside help for repair. If anyone can confirm that the model number is a YORK, and/or could offer any advise for problem solving and/or part replacement, would sincerely appreciate your response.
    forcefan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2011, 02:29 PM
    Call a heating and pluming company I had the same problem and it was more than 1 thing wrong the circuit board was bad lights blinking and 2 of the valuves 1 on the furnuce and 1 on the outside unit were bad
    steveameyer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2011, 06:20 AM
    Thanks for your response. Since posting my problem, I did flip the breaker off, since this was the only way to stop the blower from running. After about an hour or so, closed the breaker, and the furnace did kick in and started heating. Ran fine initially, but later (guessing within the next hour or so), noticed just air blowing from the ceiling registers - no more heat and blower still running.

As indicated in my original post, the continuously running blower is the same whether in cool or heat mode - the a/c will not cut on either, or if it does, will not cool for long (as with the furnace). Maybe it is just the board and could try and replace it---if I can find one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/c will not turn off.. compresor keeps running but blower will turn off? [ 0 Answers ]

I have been having some issues with my outside A/C unit. I have replaced the contactor, plus I was blowing the 3amp fuse every time the A/C would start up. So I thought there must be a short in the two wire line from the out side unit to the furnace. I pulled the wires out and check for contiunity,...

Heater won't turn on/if I manually turn it on the air is cool [ 0 Answers ]

Heater won't turn and if I do it manually it blows cool air

What makes hot water heater blower continue to turn on and off? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Bradford White hot water heater with a power vent. After using hot water the blower will turn on and stay on for the proper amount of time. After shutting off it will turn on and off for seconds at a time. This goes on for 5 - 10 minutes. Can anyone suggest what causes this and what is...

Heater does not turn on and blower fan does not stop [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I Heating unit is actinf weird today. This morning when I woke up, the fan was on and did not turn off. I check the air temperature and it was coming out cold. I noticed the thermostat was reporting 64 degrees when I usually keep it on hold at 71. I set the thermostat to Off but the fan...

View more questions Search