Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lhumbeutel Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Pay down the points?
    What does it mean if a realtor offers to pay down the points?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2007, 02:24 PM
    Please clarify. Is the realtor saying he's willing to PAY the points of the loan?
    Also, is the Realtor also a lender or loan broker?

Feb 8, 2007, 02:33 PM
    This is what he said, "

You could possible do 100% financing and I could pay down the points.

Thanks
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2007, 03:15 PM
    First, in saying these things without explaining fully, I'm leery of your agent... but that aside, I think I'm hearing two different things.

He's saying
    1. he knows of ways for you to do 100% financing. That's no big trick. I've done it several times. There are many many ways to get real estate with nothing down.
    2. I THINK he's offering to pay your points. "Buying down points" in my world usually means taking a higher interest rate to get less or no points... but that is not always to your benefit.

If I were you I'd grill him real good for details and numbers as to exactly what he's saying he can do for you.

Better yet: If he's not friend or family, get another real estate agent and talk to banks and loan brokers yourself for the financing options.

Feb 8, 2007, 04:55 PM
    Thank you --
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2007, 06:04 PM
    The real estate agent can not offer to pay any of these for you, that would be illegal ( at least in our state)

Not saying that some don't do things that are against the rules.
    My advice to and talk to the broker over that real estate agency and discuss it with them,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Points [ 13 Answers ]

Has anyone else notice that some people tend to get points easier than others. Not because they nessesarily give better answers, but for another reason. Has anyone else seen this anywhere?

Wilson's fourteen points [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am in American History and we are studying the aftermath of World War.Iam trying to understand Wilson's fourteen points when it talk about the causes of modern war:secrect diplomacy,the arms race,violations of freedom of the seas,and trade barriers. Please help me I have no idea what any...

View more questions Search