Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mguy2015 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2011, 04:16 PM
    We broke up but she says she still loves me.
    Okay, so I'm 19 now, making it through college, life has been changing, and now my (ex)girlfriend and I have broken up.

My (ex)girlfriend and I went out for just over a year. I know it's not that long, but it grew quickly and constantly. We hit it off right at the start and began dating shortly after. We constantly talked about everything that came to mind even before there had been full trust between us. She even admitted that she had trust issues and she didn't believe in either love or marriage. I went with it. Three months went by and she told me that she loved me. She said that I was the greatest guy that she had ever met and she had never felt that way about anybody. I soon gained (what I thought) was complete trust from her.

After our 3 month, which as I'm told is the only non fighting period of a relationship, we were still going strong. We eventually hit small moments of tension; never a serious argument or anything. We would quickly talk about it, fix it, and then be even better than we were before. We talked about nearly everything that affected one of our emotions. About five months in she went on a trip to Greece. A guy ended up kissing her for a second or two when they were drunk. She said she didn't want it or like him, she just hadn't made the effort to push him away. I figured we could take a break after talking about it before deciding on whether to stay together. I knew she loved me and it wasn't intentional(however wrong it was), so we decided to keep going. We shared so many great experiences together on a near weekly basis. There were so many good memories made.

A few months into college and we were still going strong. There were a few periods of tension where I'd feel unappreciated, so we'd either fix it or, on one occasion, take a short break. We supported each other in so many ways, although she admitted that I had put forth more effort and that she felt selfish sometimes. She has always been tough on herself when it comes to failing or not being the best that she can be. She would tell me that she didn't feel like she was the best girlfriend and that I deserved better. I tried to ignore it. I just loved her. I looked past it. Over the past few weeks, I did bring up that she seemed like she didn't appreciate me enough, and it made her feel bad. I told her she was still a good girlfriend and I loved her, but I just wanted to know that I was loved too. That may be a little selfish, but who can deny that they need to feel loved? The night before (she) broke up with me, we were supposed to hang out. We grabbed dinner and then she told me she was going to go out with a friend after I helped her with her paper. It bothered me that she was going to ditch me when we had plans. I didn't say anything about it. She said she'd text me, but didn't until about 1 AM. She usually gets sleepy early and, as of lately, we would just lay around watching t.v. or something, rather then going out. I didn't appreciate that she would do anything that her friends wanted to do, for as long as they wanted, whenever they wanted when she wouldn't do the same for me. She asked if I was mad, and I said "no". My texts were a little passive-aggressive though. I asked if we could talk and she said "yes". She was supposed to come see me and said she'd be up in a few. She didn't come, so I called. No answer. She later texted me saying that she couldn't come see me. Then she broke up with me over a text while a few of her friends were in the room. I thought I'd deserve a little more respect than that, but she couldn't bring herself to say it without crying. She said she was unhappy for the past week or two and that she couldn't do it anymore. We took a break with no contact for awhile. Today we met up. We went for a quick drive and parked so we could talk. I got straight to the point. "Are you done with us?" She said "yes". We talked about a good bit of it for over an hour or two. She said I was an amazing guy, I put so much effort into it, I hadn't done anything wrong(so what's up?), I made her happy, I supported her, and that she still loved me. She cried so many times within that period. She asked me if we could eventually be friends. I had to say no. There was no way I could deal with that after how I felt. She looked at me in disbelief. I told her that I had done so much for her and that I just had to do this for me. She said she understood. After we had said everything, we sat for awhile. I asked if she was ready to go. She said "no". I knew why, but I asked her why she wasn't ready. She told me that she didn't want to because she didn't want to go without talking to me and seeing me. We sat longer and then eventually left. We swapped our stuff back and then said good bye.

I told her I was sending my last text before it was over. I told her my wishes for her, my feelings, that she had been the girl whom I loved, and then good bye. I nearly cried. I know almost without a doubt that she did. As I'm deleting everything about her, I see a post she wrote. It said "That was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I hate that you don't even want to be my friend. Whatever then. I loved you. I still do", and then "I'm legit upset right now". Did I make a mistake in closing the door? I know she needs a few changes to be made before she can lead on a successful relationship, but I just closed the door. IF she still loves me the way she did, is there potential in the future? I feel that this girl was legitimately one of the best that I could ever find. I realize that there are always other "fish in the sea", but I can't help but feel that not being together feels so wrong. It's not even that I'm just trying to hold on. Something just seriously does NOT feel right about ending this. I won't ever pursue her unless I know that she wants it. Even then, I'll have to decide if I do as well...

What's in this future? I need a fortune cookie.

P.S. Sorry for the incredibly long post. Lots said. Lots unsaid. Thanks for any replies, and good luck to anyone else going through anything similar. Time really is the only thing to heal this; it's just a little early for it to kick in for me.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 12, 2011, 05:14 PM
    I think you said it all. Time is the healer, so don't second guess yourself, just do your thing until you find your own groove without her. The future will take care of itself, you just take care of today.
    Mesha123 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2011, 07:11 PM
    Just give it time. God will take care of it ALL

Yes he will, just sit back and relaxz. Yyyyyyooooooooouuuuuuuuu wwwwwwwiiiiiillllllllllllll ccccccccccc
    Alijah119 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Dec 6, 2011, 03:26 PM
    I know exactly what your going through. My girl who I did everything for did my the same for. She started hanging out with her friends more than me even when we made plans. We broke up I was just as shocked. Instead of closing the door I remained friends. She even told me I deserved better but I ignored it I tried three times to get back with her which was no. I regret it to this day. She found someone else and the dude is just like me. I barely talk to her to this day. But I feel I should have closed the door trust me. Me and your ex sound alike. So I think I'm sure of what I'm saying. Live your life. Take one day at a time. You'll be all right. Also hanging out with her is only going to keep your feeling strong for her even though she don't feel the same for you. Give it a week. You'll be all right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chated on me, broke up with me, but says he loves me [ 6 Answers ]

So me and my boyfriend were together for 4 and a half months. I know it may not seem like a long time, but from the moment we met, we were inseparable. It was very intense, like we found each other, like we met the one. He's in the navy which means every now and again he'd be away at sea for a...

Broke up with me but still says she loves me [ 20 Answers ]

Last Sunday my ex Girlfriend of 4 and a half years dumped me over the phone. The next day she came over to finish it off, and before leaving she kissed me very passionately. She has sworn that there is no-one else and I believe her, we had a lot of trust in our relationship, we were closer than...

My boyfriend just broke up with me but he says he still loves me [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I had a boyfriend he broke up with me like 2 weeks ago,I sent him a poem telling him how I feel and he responded and said Aww I love you but the night he broke up with me he said he loves me but he doesn't care about me because I irratate him, I don't get what that's suppose to mean but I miss...

She say's she loves me but she broke up with me [ 12 Answers ]

My girlfriends of a year have been trying to work out our problems we've been some what broken up awhile trying to work things out. I had been having allot of fights with my ex wife over some decision she was making with our kids, and my GF was there to help me through all that.( mind you this s...

We broke up... but she says she still loves me... [ 10 Answers ]

My fiancé and I broke up two months ago and we have kept in contact with one another for the entire period she keeps telling me she loves me and has feelings for me but doesn't want to be with me at this time and then out of nowhere she tells me she want to start seeing other people and she just...

View more questions Search