Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kierose Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 05:06 PM
    Cat has limp ears
    Recently, our 1 year old cat's ears have become limp near the ends. She seems to be in good health otherwise, but they have been this way for a couple days and we cannot figure out what it could be. No changes in her diet recently and she lives indoors, but likes to run around in the outdoors during the day. Please help!
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 11:36 AM
    The usual cause of ear crumpling is ear mites. Kierose, please check inside her ears. If you can, take your pinky finger and use it as an ear swab (sort of like a human Q-Tip). Don't use an actual Q-tip because you can damage her eardrum, just use your finger. If you find a bunch of grainy stuff come out, it means she has ear mites. If you have never dealt with this before, please go to a pet store and pick up an ear mite treatment. The people in the store will show you what they have. Pick one and follow the directions for use.

If it is not ear mites, maybe someone else who is better acquainted with cat problems than I am will stop by and answer.
    sushmahi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2011, 11:55 PM
    My cat has a similar problem though he is only 5yrs.It does not indicate ear mites always,I feel it could be owing to problem of nerves(nervous system}.I'm not too sure it will change back to normal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat vomits hairball then gets lethargic and limp [ 10 Answers ]

?My cat gets completely out of it after vomiting a fur ball. He has lost control of his bladder and pants and drools... his eyes dialate and he is just not himself. My daughter found him on his back with his mouth wide open - it is very frightening, and the vet can find nothing wrong with him. I...

Cat ears [ 1 Answers ]

Why might my kitten has scabs all over her ears?:confused:

I've got this limp... [ 10 Answers ]

When our lawn mower broke and wouldn't run, my wife kept hinting to me that I should get it fixed. But, somehow I always had something else to take care of first... always something more important to me. Finally she thought of a clever way to make her point. When I arrived home one day, I...

Limp Duck [ 1 Answers ]

A woman brought a very limp duck into a veterinary surgeon. As she lay her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's chest. After a moment or two, the vet shook his head sadly and said, "I'm so sorry, your Duck, Cuddles, has passed away." The distressed...

My daschund's ears [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 month old daschund puppy and in the last couple of weeks instead of his ears laying flat to the head they seem to be more wrinkled and bunching at the side of his head. Is this a normal part of his growth and something he will grow out of? When his ears at held flat they appear to be...

View more questions Search