Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ckmichele Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2011, 08:53 AM
    Submersible pump lost pressure
    I have a submersible pump that has lost pressure. It is reading 13 psi. The bladder tank is also not filling and the pump is not shutting off. Please help.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 17, 2011, 05:04 PM
    What's the PSI in the bladder tank when the pump's shut down and a cold water faucet opened up to bleed off pressure?
    How old is your pump?
    Let the pump get up to 13 PSI and then shut it off. Does the gage drop to zero? How far from the well head to your house? Back to you, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Testing pressure control switch on submersible pump [ 0 Answers ]

Testing the pressure control switch I found that the ground had 1/2 volt. Just wondering why that would be?

Submersible pump with low water pressure [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have well water with a submersible pump system. I have lived in my house for 7 years and just recently started experiencing low water pressure, and very low water pressure (to almost no water flow) after flushing toilet. I only notice this problem with the cold water. Can anyone tell me what...

SUbmersible pump has trouible to get pressure above 20 PSI [ 0 Answers ]

I have a submersible pump set to cut in at 20 psi and cut out at 40psi. Recently something happened and I cannot get the pressure above 20 psi and thus the pumps stays 'on' all the time unless I turn off the circuit breaker. The pump has no trouble to get the pressure to 20 psi.What can I do?

Low pressure from submersible well pump [ 10 Answers ]

I'll summarize what my situation is and what I've done so far. Pressure tank doesn't fill with water Pressure tank air pressure is 28 PSI Tried installing brand new pressure switch and water pressure gauge Water pressure gauge rose to 26 PSI when I turned the pump breaker back on It stays at...

In a 160 ft. Deep well with a submersible pump, pressure has gone from 60 to 45 psi [ 5 Answers ]

Water pressure began to degrade about 2 week ago the pump continued to run with pressure switch at 60PSI, reduced pressure switch to 55 ans it was OK, after 1 week pump could not achieve 55PSI. I dropped the pressure to 50PSI. It continues to degrade. Does this sound like a bad pump?

View more questions Search