Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jokerlaugh Posts: 33, Reputation: 0

Jul 10, 2011, 09:15 PM
    Does he like me or just playing around?
    At the end of school this guy and I became pretty good friends. And I liked him, still do. I asked him if he likes me he said yeah. But I don't know if he means as just friend or as girlfriend he's hard to approach and so I'm kind of nervous about asking. Anyway he and I would talk every night. Aand every morning hed text me saying good morning he would call me babe and hun. Then all of a sudden it stopped. Then one night he and I were talking and all that stuff started again and I asked or said something I don't remember what and we somehow got on the topic of dating. I said do you not like anybody and he said he does but I don't know. Which to me seems like he doesn't know what to do when it comes to her. But after that everything stopped again and if we talk I got to start it. He answers are always 1 to 4 words and that's it. I don't want to annoy him so I don't try to talk to him a lot. If he wants to talk to me then he can call or text me. I haven't seen him in a coupke weeks either because I've been out of town. So do you think he likes me, if so what should I do? Or what should I say or ask to go about all this?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 15, 2011, 02:51 AM

Either he doesn't like you the same way or he's not sure how to approach you. Either way, he's not stepping up to the plate and you can't force him to.

That being said and that you cannot change him, I think that you can decide whether you want to take the initiative more to make things happen or accept that he's not going to try to pursue you for whatever reason and move on to someone else.
    BK201 Posts: 338, Reputation: 150

Jul 15, 2011, 03:42 AM

There could be many reasons a boy is behaving that way. Agreeing with 'I Wish' it could be because he doesn't know how to approach you (thats is when some men tend to withdraw into their shell to find out if you are reaching out to him). Or it could be that he has someother issues going on, or something else keeping him occupied. Just ask him. Tell him like, "I have things on my mind which I have wanted to tell you for quite a while. I respect your decision, and you can be honest with the answer, either way this will not cause damage to our friendship. I have always liked you and Im in love with you now" Just an example

Jul 15, 2011, 11:53 PM
    He's 18 by the way

And I'm not in love but for some reason I just can't get him out of my mind. I've tried asking if I did something or just a simple question not even anything to do with us at all because I actually wanted to know but he doesn't reply. And his friend said he doesn't reply to anybody and doesn't talk much however he and I did all the time. His friend said he liked me but I said he doesn't. Even though I kind of think he does/did. Any more advice? Cus I really don't know what to do. I'm just confused
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 16, 2011, 07:37 AM

Move on to someone else who actually responds to you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 17, 2011, 01:57 PM

Are you 18, and are you about to leave school, or go to college, or get a job?

Is he?

What happened to the other guy who was your boyfriend? Sorry for all the questions, but just need some facts for a clear picture.

Jul 18, 2011, 10:06 PM
    15 were both in school and go to the same school both have a job. Well he quit his other and is volunteering. We broke up.
    Expert

Jul 18, 2011, 10:30 PM

I think he just sees you as a young friend, but doesn't want to get to involved because he has some very adult things on his mind right now. Like a job, and getting his future together, but he is being nice, and not trying to hurt your feelings.

Sorry, I know you have some strong feelings for him.

Jul 18, 2011, 10:43 PM
    Its hard to explain but I know hurting my feelings and other things on his mind isn't it. Cus he doesn't talk to girls like he did me unless he likes them. I don't care anymore I really think he's played me but oh well I'll probably never get the chance to talk to him again anyway

Jul 26, 2011, 10:10 PM
    More help please?
    Expert

Jul 27, 2011, 12:50 PM

What kind of help do you need??

Read the stickies, and get busy with the suggestions and insights they will show you.

They will help.

Sep 4, 2011, 05:51 PM
    Any more advice
    Expert

Sep 4, 2011, 06:05 PM
    Any more info, updates or feedback? What's changed since JULY?

Sep 15, 2011, 07:47 PM
    He and I talked some but now it's no contact at all and we see each other at school in hall everyday but don't even say anything. And I'm not going to be the first to say something. So.. yeah. No more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is he playing me? [ 7 Answers ]

So, I met this guy at a dance I attended a couple months ago... We hit it off. We had a mutual friend there and we all hung out. We had such a fun time together, and later, me and the guy exchanged numbers. Before I left for home, the guy came up to me and said goodbye and gave me a little side...

Does he really like me, or is he playing me? [ 4 Answers ]

This is going to be a little hard to explain, but pretty much in a nutshell, I want to ask this guy if Im being played(not that harsh of a word, though.) or if he actually likes me, without being too straight forward. But here's a little back story. We've been talking for awhile, and every...

What is she playing at? [ 4 Answers ]

Well I've dated this girl the last week or so, she started being quite forward texting me everyday asking how's my day going an stuff, this was before we actually dated, which I found a bit forward but thought nothing of it. This girl also suffers from depression which she told me on the first date...

Is she playing with me? [ 4 Answers ]

OK so my ex and I have been friends for a while now but I still really like her. Sometimes I think she likes me by the way she looks and talks to me but then other times she just acts like a friend. I really want to tell her how I feel but I'm afraid it will ruin the relationship.

View more questions Search